Trav and I were on base working out and after I finished, I went to the library. A little later, he texted me, saying he was coming by to pick me up, so I stepped outside to wait for him. As I walked outside, two enlisted guys were walking up to the library. I noticed them staring at me, but I didn't think too much of it. Only because (as all you pregnant/mothers know) since being pregnant, I feel as though everyone stares at my belly. Even this morning, Trav and I went to Panera Bread, and as I was ordering, the cashier stared at my belly the whole time! As though my baby were going to pop out right then and there! Anyways, back to the boys... they were staring, so I smiled and one of them said, "How you doin', ma'am?" "Fine, thanks," I replied with a smile. *Still staring at me* "Damn! Pregnant and still sexy!" Uhhh.... I awkwardly look away and wish I could think of a quick retort. Alas, none comes to me and I just feel really awkward as they walk away. I mean, that's pretty stupid for him to say that to my face, but especially a guy in uniform! Very untactful.
Onto the blessings! This weekend, Trav and I got some great deals on baby stuff! We've been needing some of the bigger items for babies and wondering how we're going to pay for everything! We really wanted to get a rocker/glider, but the more we've looked, the more I hesitate putting down the cash for one! They are really expensive! I mean, the cheapest one we've found (which wasn't comfortable, at all!) is in the mid-$100's. But, according to us, if you're going to pay money, might as well pay for something you really love and one that will last awhile. So this weekend, we looked around at a bunch of stores and online websites, all to no avail. I just didn't feel right about purchasing one. We were kinda frustrated with one another and the whole situation by the end of Saturday, but we put it to rest and just decided to wait a little longer before we made a decision. We've also been looking for a crib on Craigslist and finally found one that we liked for a decent price. The guy said that we could come by on Sunday and check it out/buy it. So Sunday afternoon, we headed over to the guys house and lo and behold! a beauty of a crib awaited us! Only two years old, primo condition and just beautiful!
The couple themselves are moving to Thailand and didn't want to get rid of it, but decided it was too expensive to move all their furniture. As we were leaving to go, the wife said, "We also have a rocker/glider that we're wanting to get rid of, if you're interested?" Interested?? We both looked at each other and said, "We are very interested!" Once again, this rocker is a beauty, primo condition and they sold it to us for only $70!! We made out like bandits! Once we got into our Jeep, loaded with all our goodies, Travis began to sing the doxology in perfect praise to the Lord for how He provides for us - even in our simplest and worldly needs.We finished out the rest of our Sunday putting together Bella's room together. It feels great to have everything ready - a perfect, little haven to bring our baby girl home to. Here's my version of a virtual tour of her room. Some pictures have bad lighting... sorry.




(Oh, that Dodger onesie is not staying up there... my Aunt Janet sent that to us, much to my chagrin and Travis' delight.)This morning, we had our last sono with Maternal Fetal Medicine and it was wondrous to see our baby girl. She looks like a real baby now! And well she should, as I'm just about to start into my 9th month. Her cheeks were round and chubby and her little fingers were grasping her toes and pulling them. :-) She weighs 6 lbs. 3 oz. right now and still has 4 weeks to go! As far as they could tell, she still has her bilateral cleft lip and palate, but everything else about her body and health is perfect. I praise the Lord for her little life and sweet, round face that we saw today. It blew my mind that the next time we see her, we will be holding her!!





13 comments:
JENNY!!!!! I'm extatic about bella's picture! She is so beautiful. I think she looks more like you than travis...her little almond shaped eye. :) But I guess we won't really be able to tell until she is born. But oh!!!, i can just picture her. I can't wait to touch her soft skin, and smell her sweet scent, and hear her beautiful voice, and rock her in her fabulous glider in her darling room. Ahhh!! I'm so excited to be her aunt! I'm gonna go look for plane tickets right now! :)
Jenny!!! Yay! I'm still so in love with that sweet little name! How cool that you got such a great deal on the furniture. The crib is beautiful! I'm so exctied for Bella to come. Only a month left.
Those boys are gross but hey...at least you know you still got it! :-) haha. Sorry, just trying to see the upside of the situation. That was dumb of them to say though. Ok, well, love you J.
Bella is one lucky little girl. You did a beautiful job with her room! I can't wait to see actual photos of her :)
her room is so lovely and happy! you guys got great deals on the furniture. i'm so excited for you both!
what an amazing picture of bella!! so precious and so beautiful! the detail is amazing at this stage in the pregnancy!!
and the nursery is adorable. the colors look awesome, esp with the red!
Jenny, you REALLY need to get a little Angels onesie to trump that Dodgers one! :) I'm glad you are doing so well. The nursery looks lovely! Congratulations on your baby girl!
Bella's room is beautiful!
Hi, Jen,
I love all all your colors - it's so exciting - I do remember crying one night and mark asked, "What's wrong?" And I said, "I don't know about being a mother. . ." I was 8 months along or so - maybe hormones - but now she is 19 and a half and we are blessed - you are too, as I know you know!
:)
Hi, Jen,
I love all all your colors - it's so exciting - I do remember crying one night and mark asked, "What's wrong?" And I said, "I don't know about being a mother. . ." I was 8 months along or so - maybe hormones - but now she is 19 and a half and we are blessed - you are too, as I know you know!
:)
ohhh airmen. I had to laugh. I've had a couple of those "this is really in appropriate" moments where I just had to choose to laugh. The room looks SO SO SO amazing. It makes me excited to be a mom someday. You do such a great job making a house an incredibly beautiful home. PRAISE THE LORD about the glider story - I love having such obvious God provisions to look back on during those times where I have no idea how something is going to work out.
Jenny,
I like how you pulled everything together in the room, Tommy loves the colors you painted the room. Wow! What a deal on the rocker, I never considered one they are so expensive, but what a blessing!
I cant wait to hold and kiss your precious Bella! I am really jealous thats sucha beautiful name.I just can't wait to see you guys! We miss you two a ton.
Hey You have to post a 9 month prego picture, Its the month most mothers forget because theyre so busy.
Love you much,
Liv
Tommy says congrats to trav on being a copilot.
everything looks so adorable! i've loved peeking at your blog when i see the link on kate's page.
the next time anybody in uniform acts up like that, just calmly look at their nametape, call them by "airman so-and-so", ask them what squadron they are with and who is their supervisor. even if you don't report them they will be scaaared out of their wits for a good couple of weeks waiting for something to happen. and if you do report them, even better!
Everything is coming along so nicely. I'm so excited for you and Travis to welcome little Bella in just a few weeks. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of God's precious gift to you and Travis.
I had to laugh when you told your story about the airman. I always hated going to the gym on base because they always, always stared. They could see I had a ring on my finger, it was just akward. Although you can think of it as a compliment I guess ;). Hope everything goes smoothly in the next few weeks. Thinking and praying for you.
Post a Comment