
This new book has just hit the stands and has the great potential to shed some light on this man who deems himself worthy to run our beloved country. Thoroughly researched by it's author, the book tells the story of the Obama's life. Here is a review of the book by a fellow reader:
"Mr. Corsi is the author of several books, including 'Unfit for Command: Swift Boat Veterans Speak Out Against John Kerry' (along with John O'Neill), 'Black Gold Stranglehold: The Myth of Scarcity and the Politics of Oil' (along with Craig R. Smith), 'Atomic Iran: How the Terrorist Regime Bought the Bomb and American Politicians,' and most recently, 'Minutemen: The Battle to Secure America's Borders.'
"And here he looks into Barack Obama's history, what little there is, and highlights how Obama's current rhetoric is hardly in sync with this man's past. As one of the most liberal US Senators and one who has been part of a "church" that seems more anti-American or more interested in wallowing in black resentment than worshiping God, Dr. Corsi isn't the only one wondering who Senator Obama really is. Obama's life is an interesting one, full of a number of achievements, but it is one that raises a number of questions about this man who is not far from occupying the Oval Office. In many ways, Senator Obama is an unknown quantity, well he is unknown for those who aren't interested in knowing anything about him. For some his rhetoric is more important than his deeds, beliefs, inclinations, history. Others who are interested in the latter would find this book by Dr. Corsi worthwhile, to see what an Obama White House might mean."
I just ordered the book off of Amazon for $15.40. It's also in bookstores for $28.00. I know many of my readers are Obama-fans. Please consider reading this potentially-highly influential book with me before you hit the polls. Let's know what we're getting ourselves into.




10 comments:
I feel like I'm not republican and not democrat...or at least not republican in the way that the republican party is today. Anyways, I won't vote for Obama becuase he's far from pro-life and I personally feel that that is a major issue for me. It would be interesting to read the book though. Obama is a crowd pleaser and is very personable for many. I mean, his opponent is McCain who is not a great public speaker and comes off a bit dry. Anyways, I think I will join you in the reading of this book. It sounds really interesting! I've always wondered about Obama and have had a weird feeling about him from the beginning. :-)
I am up for a challenge!
I've personally never felt okay with Obama and it kind of befuddled me that a great nation could take someone who hasn't proven himself and make him President. What if the pilgrims had done that? Where would we be?
Anywho, all that to say, I'm in! Thanks for letting us in on the good online deal too!
Instead of hearing more about what would make Obama a bad candidate I'm interested in what would make McCain a good candidate. Do you have any resources about that? I haven't been hearing a lot of good stuff about him either.
Well, I haven't heard of any books, but if you start listening to the radio and some talk shows during the day you might. He's not my favorite candidate, but he has some areas that he's shaping up on, namely tightening the borders and he's now for off shore drilling. He's also unarguably pro-life (which, there's been some pretty nasty stuff coming out on Obama on that issue.) I'll let you know if I have any resources on McCain. I'd be interested in reading those too!
I'm definatly interested. While I don't agree with Obama when it comes to the borders and pro-choice....I'm also not totally thrilled with McCain either (aside from agreeing with pro-life and borders). I'm definatly going to check this book out and I'm also intersted to read a book on McCain too. I'm running out of time and still have NO idea what to do.
Wow! Sounds good Jenny, you will have to tell me about it. I'm with Anna, when it comes to unborn children living or dying...I'm going to go with the pro-choice man.
Keep us updated Jenny.
Liv
I have also been listening to Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity lately! They are a little too outspoken for me at times, but I am learning a lot and learning how to think more politically. I hope you enjoy the book!
Ok, so I have been sort of following Becky's pregnancy thing (through the blog...I like to stalk people I don't know)...the girl who pretty much is just (or was) as pregnant as you. She had her baby already!?! Holy Cow!!! Jenny, you could pop lil' Bella out at any day then. Aaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!
Hi there! Thanks for the Obama info. This will be an interesting year...
Congtats on your upcoming little girl!!! Our daughter was born in Feb and we named her Bella-Mae. So hello to another Bella!
i really don't think there are any sources without some sort of bias. whether it's michael moore or rush limbaugh, there's a bias there. one side of the story being told.
i just got a glowing forward today about cindy mccain, comparing her to evil michelle obama. of course, in raving about the wonderful mccain family, the forward FAILED to include the fact that john mccain cheated on his first wife with cindy (eventually leaving the first wife not too long after she'd been disfigured in a car crash and marrying cindy), and naturally left out the fact that barack and michelle obama are each other's first marriages and have been happily married since 1992.
politics frustrates me because propaganda is spread around and people rally around their candidate of choice while slandering the other guy, even though both have strengths, and weaknesses.
i hear so much about obama not proving himself, but i do wonder how mccain has proved himself? both men are senators. what is this mysterious litmus test? people love talking about mccain's military service and time as a POW, but in my opinion, that does not in any way qualify you to be president of the united states.
i still don't know who i'm voting for. there are things i like and dislike about both candidates. ideally i'd have time to read both one positive and one negative book about each man, but i don't see that happening! :)
Post a Comment