Wednesday, August 20, 2008

happenings

Travis and I finally did it: we got rid of all credit cards! It was a momentous day yesterday and we even had our own little photo shoot. :-) Dear ol' Dad-in-law got us Dave Ramsey's "The Total Money Makeover" book two Christmases ago, and we are finally getting around to putting into action all that we have gleaned from his wisdom. We are on our way to financial freedom and it's exciting!

Other happenings around the Fugler household: Hazel's been bringing us many gifts - inside our home. It all began with leaving the dead flies that she would catch just lying around... then she began dragging in grasshoppers. Yesterday, we came home from running errands and there was a bird inside our house. Yes, she had caught a bird, carried it through her cat door (that we installed in our screen door), and let it loose to play with it in our home. We were a little traumatized and Trav was really mad at Hazel. He saved the poor little creature (while I tried to catch a clawing Hazel and put her outside!) and found the birdie a safe place outside.


The culprit, safely watching from a distance...

Just an hour later, Trav watched helplessly as Hazel found another bird outside, attacked it and licked her chops! Needless to say, we didn't really want to snuggle with her last night, or let her face get close to ours... she is no longer our innocent, little kitty!

*********

No baby yet... still waiting and walking....

Does little Bella want to share her birthday with her Daddy and Uncle Tommy - theirs is this weekend!

8 comments:

Our Life Together said...

Yay for financial freedom. I give you props for cutting up your credit cards....we don't use ours but I don't know if I could cut them up though, I don't know if I have the will power.

Eww on Hazel bringing in birds...I wouldn't go near her face either. And no baby yet huh?? That would be very cool if she was born on/near her father and uncles birthday. Just keep walking Jenny, not much longer now.

Becky said...

Jenny how are you feeling? I hope you are making it through. Just relax these last couple of days; get as much sleep and rest as you can. The big day will be here before you know it! We'll be thinking about the three of you!

Shannon said...

Congratulations! That is cause for celebration! I was just reading an article about rising consumer debt and it was a little disturbing how over-extended people are. What a wonderful example you and Trav will be of godly stewardship to your daughter.

Bad Hazel! Gross! At least she didn't bring the dead one in....yet. :s

Hope you are feeling good today, my dear, and able to get some extra-spicy food and a long walk in! :)

Joy. said...

Way to go with chopping the plastic!!!! One of these days we're going to be listening to the radio and hear you and Travis screaming "I'm debt free" at the top of your lungs :)

Praying for you, Travis and beautiful little Bella in these last days of pregnancy. I'm back in MN and it's so funny because I shared your story with my mom (we have really close family friends who's son has cleft palet) and she sometimes visits your blog (sorry to send strangers stalking you, you just walk your faith so beautifully and inspiringly) and she's been asking me frequently if you've had the baby yet :)

Michelle said...

Poor birds! Good job on getting rid of credit cards! That was mine and Ethan's plan (hence wanting to wait 2 years to have kids) but little Keagan decided to surprise us and we're still working on it. So congrats -- it's hard to do!

Jason and Anna said...

I think that actually Bella wants to share her birthday with me and her Aunt Olivia!!! :-) I'm totally calling it! August 26th baby!!!

PS: I'm leaving tomorrow for 5 days or so. So, can you wait to have her until I come back? Thanks, that would be great!

Ok, you can have her when you want but congratulations here and now if the task is completed before I get back!!!

Emily said...

Justin & I are doing Dave's plan as well. We just finished paying off one of my scary college loans...its such an amazing feeling! Olivia made me cut up my credit cards early on. Its amazing how attached you can feel to the security you think they can provide. My old cat used to bring us dead things all the time. I know that they just want you to feel proud of them, but its difficult when their is an animal carcass at your feet. Can't wait to hear the news about Bella!

Janet said...

Oh Jenny
your Hazel is quite a character!!
I remember when recently Abby wanted to attack a little nest of newborn kittens in our wood pile on the side of house, they were only a couple days old,
the mommy cat was having (kittens) a fit, if you know what I mean,
but all's well, we brought her inside, and the kittens were safe, but what a hunter she is also
miss you, and praying for a shared birthday with Travis,
love you all

data:newerpagetitle data:olderpagetitle data:homepageUrl
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...