Travis asked me on a date yesterday. He told me to be ready by 10:30 am and to wear summery, fun clothes. I have been missing my time with "just us" and find myself looking forward to bedtime when I know that we can have a little bit of alone time to talk, snuggle, and sleep in each other's arms. He sensed this and planned a little something special.He blindfolded me, led me out to a car in the driveway (I thought he was borrowing the neighbors), told me to wave goodbye to Mimi (my mom) and Bella and then ripped off the blindfold... right as he was putting the top back on a Sebring convertible!!! Frank Sinatra was playing, a cup of lemonade was in the cup holder and he held out the scarf to wrap around my head, so to keep my hair in place. :-) For those of you who don't know, I'm crazy about motorcycles and convertibles... the wind in my face, the sky up above, the freedom and classiness I feel when cruising, etc.

He said he had had this planned, to rent a convertible and go driving, for my birthday... but then Bella came late, I was so sore and tired, and the weather had been awful. Finally, yesterday was a beautiful day and I was longing to just have a couple hours with my love. We enjoyed ourselves immensely. Driving around for a couple hours, talking, taking pictures... it was the perfect gift.
We saw a huge field of sunflowers (the Kansas state flower) and had to stop and take a couple artsy pics...

Thank you, darling, for my perfect time with you.




17 comments:
Awwww that was so sweet and romantic. I left this up for Kevin to read, he could use some tips (Kidding, mostly). So happy you had a great birthday celebration, not only with your mom and Bella but with the love in your life.
is he romantic or not???
what a guy, you better keep him a long time,
so glad for you to have a date,
it is so important, and I know Bella will benefit from it also
love
a.
This is fabulous! Happy belated birthday Jenny!!
oh my gosh. i started to cry. that is so romantic. what a great bday treat for you. man i miss you guys! hugs to you both!
UM GO TRAVIS!!!!!!!!
What a stud. Seriously!
How fun! At first I thought be BOUGHT you the convertible. Half of me was like "Heck yeah!" the other half was like, "I thought they were trying to get out of debt." Obviously the "heck yeah" part of me was way stronger becuase when I read on and found out that he had rented it I was a little disappointed! haha.
Very cool b-day surprise though
Travis, you must have learned all this romance, love and mushiness from your Dad. (An anonymous post).
How fun! What a great birthday gift :-) Bella is a pretty lucky gal to have you two for parents!
Oh, Jenny, you have married a wonderful man!! I'm so thrilled for the two of you and the life you have ahead of you. God's gracious blessings on you, my sweet neice!
Love,
Aunt Laurie
What a husband! I love the sweet things they do for us after we go through childbirth!
How sweet!!!!Maybe I can send Kyle to learn some tips from Trav... ^_^
wow! what a wonderful husband you have!!! how fun!
Aww how fun! Happy Birthday Jenny and Congrats!!! Bella is so precious and beautiful. You are back to blogging quick! I did all mine during labor and then had no energy to touch the thing for the first month I was home. Ahhh isn't being a mom crazy? I'm sorry no one told you what it was like afterwards! Honestly I dont' know why but I wasn't in all that much pain coming home. I was however extremely exhausted! It gets better though, the first few weeks seem pretty long days and nights kind of mesh together because like you said in one of your posts you live in 3 hour increments. We got our first good nights sleep at 2 weeks (6 hours.. and it felt amazing).. Hope you are feeling better and healing quickly, again Congrats on your beautiful baby girl, I'm so happy for you that she is finally here!
What a sweet husband you have. Sounds like he can read you like a book! And I must say, my Greg read it as well and was very inspired himself ;) We are driving up north to spend this weekend together!! I have been buggin him for a while now to visit northern parts of Michigan, and with work being CRAZY for him lately, I thought another year would pass. So thanks for sharing! It may have done the trick :):)
I love your taste in convertibles. Papa had one when we were married. So happy for you to have a moments respite from being a mommy. You will treasure the moment. Love you, Nana
okay, precious. reminds me of you during college days... those scarfs in Amys cabrio... ;)
love the sunflowers in those pictures - what a perfect day for you!
love your precious pics of you and Bella, what a true beauty!
Post a Comment