Wednesday, February 11, 2009

family

Some precious moments of our girly...
She's been sleeping like a champ lately... oh so nice for both of us.
Since my camera stopped working, I have been trying to use my camera phone more often. Not the same quality of photos, but photos nonetheless.

My dear Ma and Pa left yesterday for the Middle East, where they will be teaching English for nearly 4 months. I'm so proud of them. Once busy parents of five children, now empty-nesters, my parents are striving to not waste their lives and are leaving America to share The Reason for life. Here's a cute pic of my ma on the airplane before they took off. Pray for them, if God places them on your minds.

Trav and I just started our new "read-together" book last night: "The Hiding Place" by Corrie Ten Boom. I read it awhile ago (probably about 10-12 years ago) and wanted it to be fresh in my mind again. We are enjoying it so far. I'm also reading "A Chance to Die: the Life and Legacy of Amy Carmichael" by Elisabeth Elliot. Very good so far. Reading about other Christians and champions of the Faith is so inspiring and encouraging for my walk with Christ. I urge you all to pick up a book that will whet your heavenly aspirations.

2 comments:

Joanie said...

ilJenny, I love Allison Krause! I had no idea she had a version of "Baby of Mine." Beautiful. Your playlist is very inspirational.

I certainly will pray for your parents! Bella is looking great - very healed, and she certainly is a beautiful baby inside and out, before and after.


Glad to hear you're getting more rest.

Becky said...

Just wanted to let you know that we were thinking of you and your beautiful family! I hope that Bella feels better soon!

data:newerpagetitle data:olderpagetitle data:homepageUrl
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...