Saturday, August 15, 2009

book review: august 2009


To every man there openeth
A way, and ways, and a way.
And the high soul climbs the high way,
And the low soul gropes the low.
And in between on the misty flats
The rest drift to and fro.
But to every man there openeth
A high way and a low -
And every man decideth the way his soul shall go.
~ John Okenham

Oh... where do I even start with this book?

My dear mother greatly urged me to read this book, "By Searching," by Isobel Kuhn, while back at home a month ago. Once I picked it up, I read it within a couple days, devouring the great spiritual truths revealed to me.

An autobiography of Isobel Kuhn's early life, she writes in such an honest, transparent way that touched me deeply and moved my walk with my Lord from stagnant to "searching" for Him. A mere 160 pages, I know I will read and re-read this book for years to come.

I don't know how else to say what my heart so wishes to relay, except that if you choose to pick up this book, I trust you will be impacted like I was. Although, I hesitate to say too much, because you may then expect too much from this woman's writing. I know that it really was God working through this book to change me and open my eyes. Either way, try and see if it does the same for you!

4 comments:

Kate said...

me too! loved it! and am now still enthralled with "in the arena"

Katie Lady said...

Looks like I'll have to go on-line and get me one of those! Take your time making your house a home. What you can do, do...but I think Travis will be more blessed with the spiritual housekeeping brought on with this book. Keep pluggin' away!

Rachel L said...

i really loved the book too jen. thanks for sending it to me. we should talk about it sometime

Shelly said...

Hi Jenny
since our mothers are friends i put your blog on mine as well as Kate's and i was looking for a new book to read and just ordered this one... i hope it's a good read thanks for the reference.
your family is so cute.
your doing a great job with Bella.

data:newerpagetitle data:olderpagetitle data:homepageUrl
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...