Ahhhh.... see these two, VERY HAPPY people?? Yes, Daddy's home and all's right with the world again. Travis just finished his 3rd deployment this year. It all makes for a lot of time away and not much time together.... but it is SO sweet to reunite. Bella did very well this deployment. She never really seemed phased that he left at all, actually. So, we were curious to see how she would respond to his return. We met him out at the jet (I'd like to add that is was a whopping 15* F without windchill - and the winds were 25-35 mph!!) and gave quick hugs and kisses before separating to meet back at the squadron. For about the first 5 minutes together, she just looked him over with that famous "intense glare." She wasn't quite sure what to make of it or him. Then slowly, she reached for his nose, his ears, his cheeks. After examining them all, she burst into a huge smile and said, "KA!!"
And from then on out, they have been inseparable.
He dared to walk out of the room once without her and she burst into tears. It's been very sweet for my mother/wife's heart to watch them reunite and love one another deeply. I also love having that familiar hand to hold and face to look at.
Yes, deployments are awful, but the reunions are priceless.




14 comments:
how long was he gone? I guess I didn't even realize it! Glad all is well in your little corner of the world again!
soooooo happy for you ALL
glad you are back Travis, safe and sounds, praise the Lord
I didn't know he was gone this time! But I'm so glad it's over and that he's home in time for Christmas. Enjoy every single minute. And I'm so, so happy for you!
Yes, he was gone for awhile. I'm not really ever supposed to say his deployment lengths or times when he'll be gone, so I try to minimize it on my blog. That way, I can keep the blog "un-private" and still be safe. :-) But, I love to announce his returns!
Wow--I didn't know he was gone again! What an incredible touching experience to watch them reunite. So cool!
Can't tell you how happy we are to know Travis is home. Total exhilaration! Now it really feels like Christmas. Love to all!
YAY!!!! So happy to hear he is home safely!!! xoxox
oh the reunion.. so sweet on EVERY level! I was in such joy just watching the two I love extatic to be around one another! I am so glad he got back exactly on time!!! I was praying for that or the next day! I can't wait to reunite with your family!
Liv
see you tomallow!
so glad he's home. God is good!
have a wonderful christmas in california. I was looking for you at kelly's and didn't realize Travis' homecoming was so soon! I am so happy that he is home for the holidays!
So glad he's home! Have a very Merry Christmas Jenny...and thanks for the huge card:) Jonas and Jason say "hi" too:)
Jenny, I am so glad you three are reunited again. Have a wonderful Christmas! We cant wait to see you in August. I know that is a long time, but fortunately we have the blog and facebook :o)
Post a Comment