Wednesday, December 9, 2009

little mother

I've always heard that girls and boys are different from the start of life. Not having a son, I find it difficult to compare Bella's tendencies as to what a boy would act like. I mean, she talks alot - but that could just be her personality. Her Daddy talks alot! She loves cars and balls and prefers them over baby dolls. She loves to be outside and is a dare-devil when it comes to the park. But.... recently, she's been practicing mothering and nurturing, and I find it adorable. That's the girl-side of her. I haven't "taught" her how to swaddle a baby, or feed it, or anything else, for that matter. Other than modeling it in my own day to day life in the way I love and treat her, she does this all on her own.


The past few days, I've found her in the kitchen, trying to strap her kitty or baby in the high chair and then pretend feeding it. Every time I give her a snack or water bottle, she offers some to kitty or baby, then takes a sip herself. Heck, even in the bathtub, she's wiping the fishy's nose, or scrubbing the ducky's back. Amazing to see my own actions being played out by my daughter. Amazing, yet puts the fear of God in me. She copies.everything.I.do. God, lead me in Your perfect ways...

Here's a video from last night... a bit of dancing & a bit of her mothering. Kinda long, but a snippet of our life, nonetheless.

3 comments:

Kate said...

adorable. i could watch that video over and over. i wish i could just be sitting with you on that chair and a half watching my little niece do her little imaginary play. what a sweet girl she is and i can't wait to play with her in just 6 more days!! i love you both and look forward to travis's arrival hopefully on monday!

donnasue said...

Oh thank you so much for that perfect for the relatives video!!!
Oh I can hardly wait to be with you all here and wilth Kate too and her 3 dolls. O we are happy girls indeed.

Unknown said...

oh! what a wonderful post! we really are belated on a play date. it would be so interesting to see Bella interact with the twins because lately Jonah has been making growling noises. He roars while stomping all over the house. And Brody has been standing on top of his rocking horse---sometimes with no hands! oh God has blessed you, my friend.

data:newerpagetitle data:olderpagetitle data:homepageUrl
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...