In the past two weeks, two precious baby boys have been born. My sweet friend's baby Jake, and my first nephew, Roman. I've been feeling the crafty-itch seize me lately (even though I have one billion other things to get done that are more important), so I decided to applique onesies for both boys.
I love this idea because:
(a) I LOVED these white, cotton onesies for Bella. Especially in the summertime, which is on the horizon. So versatile and always fit just right.
(b) Unique. Nobody else is going to have the same outfit (except Roman and Jake - but hopefully they'll never run into one another).
(c) I, personally, drool over homemade gifts - and these *really*, truly, honestly aren't difficult.
I used this blogger's idea (and applique patterns) for three of the onesies, and made my own initial applique and dog applique. Here's a link for more helpful hints on how to make these yourself!
Easy. Fun. Affordable. Pick up a 5-pack of white onesies at Target for $8-$9, and put some of that stashed fabric to use!








3 comments:
Those are adorable! I wish I had your talents...
darling jenny! you just reminded me with those cute pictures that i want to make a onesie with a number 1 on it for lizzy love's b-day coming up soon. thanks for the crafty inspiration. i love all the crap you've made! :)
would it be hard to make a tractor or some sort of MN Twins shirt? I love the idea and am trying to figure out how I could do one of those ideas
Post a Comment