Thursday, April 15, 2010

ho-hum

It's been one of those weeks.  The ones where I haven't seen my husband much, my daughter has been pushing limits and I've found myself losing my patience too quickly.  The ones where I just want to yell, "STOP!!" and have the world stop spinning, get a couple weeks of time with just our family to reconnect, talk, work through differences, parent together, pray together, love.

And even though I know that's not physically possible, I've still been throwing fits all week long.  Mini-pity parties.  Not pretty.  Mostly only known to my husband, God, and me.  But still... not pretty.  Ugh.  And while I know I should "Buck up, cowboy," I'm just not quite sure how to keep going about life when I feel so far behind and in need of a good break.  Any suggestions?

On top of this, 75% of the street we live on is moving within the next two months.  No joke.  Maybe more like 80%.  I wish you could know our street: B-B-Q's happening all around, people always out and about, babysitting by monitor-watching, such tight-knit community like I've never known.  These are my very best friends here.  I know, I know - such is the life of a military wife.  Stupid cliches like that never help one feel better.  So, I guess I'm saying that I feel left behind - in life, in relationships, in every sense of the word.  If you see me with red eyes, just know that I've been crying.  I'm a typical emotional woman when it comes to weeks like this.
*
On a lighter note, here are a couple fun pictures.  


Allie (Bella's BFF down the street) came over today for a bit.  They're moving in a mere ten days so we are soaking up our time together.  These two girls love/hate each other.  They ask about one another ALL.DAY.LONG and then, when they finally see each other (which they do -every day), they have a difficult time sharing, being respectful to one another, and such.  But, they also can make each other belly laugh - which is a blessed sight.  Here Allie is being silly and Bella's on the ground cracking up.

I moseyed around Hobby Lobby this morning with my lil' side kick to hopefully spark some creative juices.  It did.  Hobby Lobby has never once let me down.  I love that store.  I printed out their 40% off coupon before going and found these to liven up Bella's play area: $7.99 for all three (not including my coupon discount):


I hung them by myself, using string and a staple gun.  Now that I step back a bit and look, they might be a tad too clustered, but I'll leave it for the time being.  It's possible to add a light on the inside, but I just appreciate the spheres of bright green (that matches my green wall opposite from it!).


After we rearranged our living space a couple weeks back, we made a "play area" for Bella, which just includes her coloring table, baskets and baskets of books, and toy chest.  It's organized, but still kid friendly, which I really appreciate.  I want to find some sort of way I can organize the books better... I'm still brainstorming.

So that's me in a nut shell.  Or a lengthy blog post.  Thanks for coming and reading - the good, bad, and ugly.

6 comments:

Joanie said...

Sorry to hear of your community leaving. That is terrible. My grandmother still tells us stories of her Air Force neighbors and how they all were so close. It made a huge difference. I'll pray for you.

Kate said...

one great way to store/display books is to get a rack that screws onto the wall. you can put it low enough for her to take them out and put away herself and it looks cute on the wall. do you know what i mean? can you picture it? i'll send you a picture if you can't... my girls have one, do you remember it?
love you, and miss you. i'm so sorry about all your friends leaving, i pray that someone WONDERFUL will move into their places.

Dacia said...

your post seriously made me tear up. i've been there so recently that the hurt is still at the forefront of my heart. i feel your pain. it's so hard and it just SUCKS! we were at Vance for 5 years and it's UPT base, so you can imagine that we had countless friends leave us and then even once taylor was an IP, it seems we still gravitated towards students...it was a never ending cycle of goodbyes. Enid felt so different when we left than it did any other time because ALL of our friends had already left. at least all of our good friends. i seriously started to get depressed towards the end. i'm sorry you're having to say so many goodbyes! :-(

Joy. said...

my mom read my most recent blog post. then she read yours. then she emailed me :"...also had read Jenny's last blog - sounds like the two of you could get together and cry in each other's soup (where did that expression originate from anyway?)"

I too am walking around with pretty swollen red eyes feeling the hard side of military life (it's a beautiful wonderful thing that with amazing people and I wouldn't trade being a part of it for ANYTHING, but there's definitely a dark side and a high price to pay for the camaraderie --- we're each payin' it right now sista!)

Wish I could give you a hug and watch a good war romance (I haven't seen "Dear John" yet - we could watch that one and have some cookie dough perhaps??) after which we could look at each other and say, "we're married to guys who could have starred in a movie like that - we have THAT amazing drama and romance. we get to be the officers' wives. we get the hot boys who look like movie starts that come home to us in uniform EVERY SINGLE DAY" (well, when they're not gone. . . and they usually are;)

My surrogate family across the street packs out on Monday, so I'm feeling the anguish of the neighborhood leaving right alongside of you.

xoxoxox

Rini said...

I am so sorry to hear that you feel so bad. We will be back in August, if that can cheer you up a little... Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

Jenny, I know how you feel! I was so depressed watching everyone in our UPT class leave while we stayed behind. What made it worse is watching all of Will's students leave and leave us behind too! It is the reality of being a military wife, but it doesn't make it any easier!

data:newerpagetitle data:olderpagetitle data:homepageUrl
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...