Thursday, May 6, 2010

the baby

Remember how I mentioned my two brothers a couple weeks back?  Ya, it's now the baby's birthday.  He's 20 years old today.  How did that happen??  (I know, I sound strangely maternal, but it's my baby bro!)

I remember clear as crystal hearing the news that my mom gave birth to a baby BOY.  I cried, because I wanted another sister.  And I cried, because I thought the name Gregory was gross.  I've come full circle since then, being SOOOO glad he's a boy/man, and I like the name Gregory now.


We needed Greg in our family.  He's always been the extra kick of spice in our family dish, the one to keep us on our toes, the only one who could truly get Dad laughing.  Family isn't complete without Greg's sarcasm and inside jokes.


Greg is 110% boy.  Masculinity defines him.  His birth and character evened out the gaggle of girls already existing.  And yet, being all boy, he also is quick to befriend, include, engage in conversation.  A social butterfly - in a masculine sort of way.  I'll always remember his response when learning Travis had proposed to me.  As a wide smile broke across his face, he grabbed Trav in a huge bear hug and exclaimed, "YES!  Another brother!!"


So, Greg... we love you.  Wishing you happy birthday wishes from way across the plains....


1 comment:

Caryl said...

Super cute kid brother! Thanks for sharing!

And your girly is too cute!

xo
c

data:newerpagetitle data:olderpagetitle data:homepageUrl
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...