Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day 2010

7:15 - Awoke after an awful night of sleep feeling lousy and grumpy.

7:30 - Went downstairs to greet Bella and Trav, whom were partaking in breakfast.

7:45 - Got upset over something trivial.  Stomped back up to my bed and preceded to cry until I made us all late for church.

12:30 - Arrived home from church with a tired, hungry daughter; a somewhat crabby husband; and an emotionally crabby self.

12:35 - Remember that our Craigslist people were coming to pick up Hazel today.  I made a rash decision a week ago to get rid of her.  I'm sad, but okay with my decision.  If you know Hazel personally, you understand.  If you don't, don't look down your nose at me.  She's now living on a huge farm an hour north with some great farm-people.



1:00 - Came home from giving Hazel away to a baby fed and put down for a nap; a sandwich made for me and a sweet husband.

1:05 - I called my dear Mama.  She always makes me happy.  I love her.  We get to see each other in 2 weeks.  It's been nearly 6 months since our last reunion.  Too too long.


1:40 - Began an endeavorment to make homemade French Bread.

2:20 - Took a nap while husband mopped my kitchen floor.  *TRUE LOVE*

3:30 - Woke up to punch the dough.

3:45 - Bella awoke, Trav fetched her and took her to the pet store to look at the animals.

4:00 - I am alone, relishing my newest luxury, "Gone With the Wind" (the novel - not the movie), waiting for my bread to rise one last time before I stick in the oven and see how it turns out.  *crossing fingers* Hopefully yummy.  If so, I'll share the recipe with y'all soon!



Here's to a Happy Mother's Day, celebrating and honoring our mother's!
I love you Ma!
(Forgive my bad attitude this morning, Trav & B...)

2 comments:

Michelle said...

My mother's day last year was quite similar (the morning part)! I remember getting really upset about something and it ruined the whole day...women and their emotions! :) Happy Mother's Day!

Kim said...

Ahhh. . . you're Mother's Day resonated with me. That could have been me last Sunday (ok, the entire weekend - ugh!) Sometimes, I just don't like me. Anyway, hope your bread turned out well & you're doing well. Look forward to seeing you this weekend.

data:newerpagetitle data:olderpagetitle data:homepageUrl
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...