Thursday, June 24, 2010

a slight variation on book review: June 2010


Oh my goodness. Have you seen this book?  Have you SEEN THIS BOOK???

My dear friend/ex-neighbor's mom sent it to me in the mail, once she heard I was expecting, and I am salivating at the number of delicious sewing projects bound in these leaves.  I loved it at first sight, but each time I sit down to pour over every perfectly photographed page... I come to love it more.

I mean, look at this hoody:
... and it's fully lined with flannel.  Can you just imagine my Bella in a precious one of these come fall?

And these booties:
Ummmm... I just want to make one for every.single.baby I know.  Right now.  Right this very instant.

And this pillow:
Does that not fit my style to a T??  The chair, the monkey, the carpet, the pillow... could all be found in my house.  Well, my dream house.

The best part about this book is that about 95% of the projects in it are doable... And I mean doable in the sense that I would actually make the projects because they seem worthwhile.  ANNNNNDDDD... there are four different sewing genres in the book:
1. Mama Sewing
2. Baby Sewing
3. Family Sewing
4. Nest Sewing

Really, I just wish I could pop on over to your home, with my book tucked lovingly under my arm, sit on your cushy couch, and "ooh" and "ahh" over every page - from 1 to 160.  Even if you aren't a sewer, I'm sure this book and I could convince you otherwise.

Una problema: I have this stupid (and I use that term lightly) writing project hanging over my head.  It's due the end of July.  And I have a horrible case of procrastination.  After I finished Gone With the Wind a couple weeks back (and yes, that book deserves its own post...), I solemnly swore that I would not pick up another book, work on my knitting, sew Bella's quilt or any other projects, until this writing assignment is complete!!

Sooo, it's been my lot in life to simply gaze at this book every evening and decide which project I'll tackle first come August 1.

3 comments:

Amanda B. said...

Love it! I'm not a sewer at all (just ask Joshua!), but now I desperately want that book! So fun

Rebecca said...

Did you know she has a blog?

Caryl said...

I want the pillow. Hm. Might require me to learn how to use a sewing machine. Again.

Blog link:

http://annamariahorner.blogspot.com/

Caryl

data:newerpagetitle data:olderpagetitle data:homepageUrl
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...