Wednesday, August 18, 2010

busyness or business??

There are just WAAAY too many things on our plate right now.
wAaAaY too many.

Trav's stressed.
I'm pooped.
Bella needs some quality time with her daddy.
I need some quality time alone.
My house needs some quality cleaning.

Everything on our plates are good things.
Just too many.
Makes it difficult to eliminate and downsize.

Life will slow down, right?
Yes, it always does - at some point.
But for now, it's full of busyness.
Or business.
Both/and.  


This lil' fart turns 2 in two weeks.
And I have nothing planned.
Except to lavish her with love.

And learn how to make a purple cake.

8 comments:

Kate said...

I remember when CHarlotte turned 2. That was the hardest birthday. 1 is fun and exciting and they are still babies at that point, but 2 is like, "ok...here we going, life is just zipping by, and there goes my baby, here comes a kid..." i wish we could be there to celebrate your Belle. love you.

Emily Takes Photos said...

2?!! Oh my goodness! Here's a tip for purple (or any other colour cake). Take 1 box of white cake mix, add 1/2 packet of Jello poweder, and make the cake like normal. The Jello mix makes really vivid colours and flavours, and the cake comes out really moist. You might have to bake it a little longer, but it's so yummy. Hope she likes grape! ;)

Emily Takes Photos said...

*powder. I can spell. Just not after midnight!

Emily said...

Wow...I can't believe Bella will be 2. The days are slow, but the years fly by. Don't go crazy with her birthday...you know she won't remember it. So no ponies, clowns, or anything else extravagant :)

Anonymous said...

My grandbabies are growing up too fast. Just take a deep breathe and realize this is motherhood at its "best". You will never be all together anymore because children are demanding, loveable, frustrating, darling and yours. Wish I could be there to help out. Love you, Nana

Kim said...

Love and colored cakes are what our birthdays are made of here :)

I will have to try the jello idea. However, I have also found that the gel food coloring (found at hobby stores) works much, much better than the liquid food coloring at the grocery.

Happy baking. We need to do the zoo soon!

Anonymous said...

Gasp- you said the F word! At least, the F word my boys always try to sneak into conversation. :-)

LBeck said...

Has september already come?? ahh. 2 already. man time flies. I wish we could be there to celebrate with you. Love the picture.

data:newerpagetitle data:olderpagetitle data:homepageUrl
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...