I feel like I've been a "Mom-blogger" lately. Nothing bad about it, except that even I can get bored with Mom topics... but, what can I say?? It consumes my daily life, whether I like it or not. So, while I'd love to leave you all with deep and rich food for thought, the reality is that I'm busy teaching my daughter why it's not okay to stick her hand in my bra while in Target and exclaim, "Momma's boobies!" or why it's not appropriate to tell the librarian that her Daddy has a penis. She really is a wealth of information.
On to sweeter things.... my husband. He is a wonderful man: hard worker, engaging father, a boy's boy, funny, a conversationalist, etc. He usually is very sensitive to me and all my raging hormones - pregnant or not. And that is one of the reasons I love him. He listens, he allows me to rant and rave vent about life/parenting, he holds me when I cry. But every now and then, he'll say something that allows me to see he is TOTALLY a man - and can never understand the female species. Take this morning, for example:
T: How did you sleep last night, hon?
J: [me, giving him the raised eyebrow] Seriously?? Well, my back was KILLING me and I couldn't get comfortable, you were snoring, and I had to go to the bathroom about four times.
T: I snored?
J: [evil eye]
T: [*laughs*] In all honesty, I think that the amount of times you feel you need to go to the bathroom is all in your head.
J: [incredulous] All in MY HEAD?? Like I don't really have to go?
T: Well, I definitely think you could hold it. I mean, I sleep through the night, even if I do feel the urge to go. And, isn't there something you can get for your back? Like some lumbar support to sleep with or something? It shouldn't be that hard to find something to make your sleep comfortable...
J: [speaking very slowly...] It's called BEING.PREGNANT - the eternal state of discomfort and small bladder.
T: [he, getting ready to move on, stands up and stretches while looking at me with a raised, unbelieving eyebrow] Well, I think a lot of it is mental...
And that, folks, is why men can never understand the gravity of creating, laboring, and giving life to their children. Another subject which I could pick a bone with you about... :-) I kid. Sort of.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
Haha...sounds EXACTLY like a conversation over here too! (not this morning, but definitely other mornings, afternoons, and evenings!). Just know you're not alone ;)
i've definitely heard that exact conversation in my own house plenty of times!! of course my husband also thinks that the actual act of labor is "in my head" too. and that i will go into labor when i want to because i've "decided in my head" that it's going to be such and such day (which is his reason for why my eldest came on her due date)...oh my. don't even get me started there. and pregnancy fatigue...they will never ever understand that.
but you still gotta love em. sometimes the naivety is even kinda cute. :-)
seriously the answer its All in you head.. if I had a dollar for every time Rob said that I would be rich! I guess its the answer for all MEN :)
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
And answer me this: Do ALL husbands snore????
This has started my morning with a smile.
Post a Comment