Tuesday, August 31, 2010

thrifting treasures

(Just a real-life shot of my girl and I this morning... bed head and all.
Keeping it real, folks...)

This past weekend, Trav and I did some spring Fall Cleaning this weekend.  Ahhhh.... our main focus was our closets.  It feels good to be organized and a little more spaced in between hangers and shelves.  I took some of our nicer clothes over to a consignment shop to see if I could get any money before I donated the rest.  $15.65! Pretty good to me....

Treking over to the Goodwill, Bella and I dropped off the rest of our junk stuff before perusing the shelves inside the shop.  Right before I left, I found these two beauties!!


approx. dimensions: 2' x 3'
price: $2.99


approx. dimensions: 4' x 2'
price: $8.99

My photos don't do them justice, as they really are beautiful.  I don't know much about art, but these aren't just prints, either.  They have texture and paint raised in certain places on real canvas!  I love them.  I'm thinking of spicing up the frames a bit and changing up the wall layout in my home.  More on those projects later...  Favorite part: I paid for them with the money made from Fall Cleaning with change left over!

Annnnnnd, a sneak peak of tomorrow's post:
Let's just say, I think I'm going to have a difficult time making her understand it's a high of 95* F today.  But, thankfully she'll be able to use it this weekend.  Again... more on that tomorrow....

3 comments:

LBeck said...

ADORABLE! I especially love her face and that cute belly sticking out! Love the fabric!!

sharbear said...

If you look at the painting of the ship for too long, Eustace Clarence Scrubb will sail into your living room and whisk Bella away!

jenny said...

Shar! That's right - I forgot about the ship picture... Ahhh... love those books. :-)

data:newerpagetitle data:olderpagetitle data:homepageUrl
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...