Thursday, September 16, 2010

another list

I've been posting a lot with bullets/lists lately, as that's just the way my brain's been functioning.  Another crazy week, with lots to do and not much alone time/time to think.  I really love alone time.  Looooove alone time.  I digress... here are some things that I like/dislike as of late:

Dislike
- Cannot sleep/get comfortable, etc. at night anymore.  It's driving me nuts, and leaving me exhausted come morn.  I am beginning to dread night times.
- Housework.  The past two weeks I have been struck with the fact that, while I clean and pick up, the house returns to it's filthy disorder in a matter of hours.  Very unmotivating and disheartening.
- Life doesn't slow down.  I feel like it's just been one thing after the other for months now...
- I feel as though I'm coming down with a cold.... again.  Poo.

Like
- Thunderstorms.  This summer has been LAME-O in terms of good storms this year.  As much as I don't appreciate the midwest, I DO love a good thunderstorm.  Yesterday, we had tornado warnings and one touched down 7 miles from base.  SOOOOO exciting.  Too bad I was stuck at my husband's work, shoved in a basement with 45 other people.  Ugh.  I missed the whole dang storm.  But, when we were released, the sky still was that eerie greenish yellow.  I love it... so other-worldly.  


Bella watching the green sky outside.  I hope the camera captures some of the color... 

- Trav and Bella.  These two love each other.  She loves to be read to, and he loves to have his head scratched.  They work out a nice little deal, wouldn't you say??


- BIG NEWS: My mom is coming into town tomorrow and staying for a looooong time!  I'm thrilled, to say the least.  I really, really love my mom.  She hasn't visited since Bella was born, and, well, it's just so much fun to have people come out here, instead of always being the ones to travel.
- My Auntie from CO is also making the trek out here for an extended weekend.  As tired as I am, I'm so delighted to have family come.  It doesn't sound exhausting at all, but more like pure bliss.

So, much to look forward to these next days... I'll probably be MIA a bit, but I'll stop in to chat ... 

Thanks for taking the time to read my teeny blog.  
You're the best, my dear readers...

3 comments:

Amanda B. said...

I can totally relate. Just the thought of being pregnant makes me dread going to bed. Miserable... worth it, but miserable!
And thank you for the photos of the sky! I am in desperate need of a good storm, so I'll just live vicariously through you.

Kate said...

i wish i was coming too!

Anonymous said...

Have fun with your mom, Jenny! I know she will be a big help and encouragement to you. Congrats on your new baby girl!!
love Wynn Heggli

data:newerpagetitle data:olderpagetitle data:homepageUrl
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...