Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Our 2-year old



We're back!!  Wonderful trip.... it was worth every hour (of the twenty) that we drove to get there and back...  Have I mentioned that I LOOOOOVE the mountains?

I'll post more later on the trip.  In this post, I wanted to share how much we enjoyed the time with just us: Trav, Bella, baby-in-tummy, and me.  I felt like we really got to know our daughter more and just enjoy her - no schedules, no things to do, no work and life getting in the way.  Her words and antics made us laugh and she was a joy to be around.  Even the long drives - she was a superstar.  Just happily read her books, played with her babies, or watched the lack of scenery around us while zooming over the plains.  Of course, Trav and I had good times together as well.  Vacations really are wonderful, when they actually are vacations!


As aforementioned, Bella's speech has just really taken off.  She talks all the time and it's amazing to know/see what she comprehends/takes in.  Just this morning, she was rocking her little baby quietly, while staring into space.  She sensed me watching her and glanced over at me.  Smiling sweetly, she said, "Hi Mama Mo."

"Hi sweet girl.  Are you rocking your baby?"
"Ya."
"You're going to be such a good mommy one day."
"Ya."  Then, furrowing her eyebrows, she says, "I'll say, 'No touch!'"
"'No touch?'"  I said, semi-confused.
"Ya.  I a mama.  I say, 'No touch in the store, Baby!  Just look with your eyes.'"



I guess you can tell what we've been working on lately... and I guess I can see what her concept of a mama is right now... :-)  More Estes soon to come....

3 comments:

Kate said...

ok...i love her skinny little neck. i could just kiss it over and over. tell her i love her so much with all my heart! xoxo

Karisa said...

Isn't it just amazing to spend time together? We are anxiously awaiting our Daddy's return from a four-month deployment, and CAN.NOT.WAIT. for some good ol' fashioned family time.

And I am still working on "look with your eyes" with our 3 year old...perhaps our 1 year old will pick it up faster? One can hope.

KC said...

Hi Jenny,
I don't know that you know me personally but I'm good friends with Shannon Dane and I found your blog through hers a couple years ago, I also graduated from NWC, and I have been following your blog cuz you're such a great writer and I simply am totally blessed by what you write. This post about your sweet daughter brought such a smile to my heart. What a sweet, sweet, heart your baby girl has. Thanks so much for sharing these simple, sweet moments from your life. How blessed is that little girl to have such a momma mo like you! :)

Kristen Cranford

data:newerpagetitle data:olderpagetitle data:homepageUrl
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...