This morning, when Bella awoke, and noticed that Daddy went in to get her instead of Mama, she was thrilled. Coming downstairs, she greeted me by saying, "Daddy no go to work today!! HOORAY!!!" and flung her hands up in the air. She cracks me up.
Then she and Daddy both enjoyed a huge breakfast made by the chef himself:
- 1/2 a banana
- a small fruit smoothie
- a cheese omelet
- 1/2 an avocado
- 1/2 a tomato
I'm pretty sure they both ate the same amount, since Trav divvied it amongst themselves. I had a bowl of cereal. That's how I like my mornings...
Later, before we lunched, Bella and I were coloring on the ground. She got up and I noticed her "pooping face" begin to appear... I quickly whisked down her pants and said, "Let's go sit on the toilet!!" I have been sitting her on the pot over the last eight months --- to NO avail! Nothing has ever come out of her while on the seat.
She kicked, she screamed, she went stiff and wouldn't sit down. Huge tears rolled down her red face as she resisted with all that was in her. But, I'm stubborn, too, and we need to get this show on the road!! I told her she'd get any treat she wants if she just poops in the toilet! Taking the new Toys-R-Us magazine from the mail pile, we looked through the pages and I let her choose what she would want. Anything "Thomas the Tank Engine" was worth her efforts. She perused the magazine for about 20 minutes... happy to just sit there...
...until, suddenly, she looked up at me with eyes as big as saucers and relayed, "Mama! I pushed it out!" Sure enough, she had. Trav and I were thrilled, as was she. And now I need to run to the store to pick up a "Thomas the Tank Engine" puzzle. It's just the beginning, but it's the beginning! So happy...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





8 comments:
I want to jump up & down and shout for joy, too! That's a great accomplishment! Yeah, Bella!
Woohoo!! I had no idea what a big accomplishment it was to poop on the toilet until our second child. (The first one was way too easy--he spoiled us.) So I can truly say that is VERY exciting!
Half the time our 4 year old doesn't even know he pooped and still sits there, on the toilet, waiting to be told he can get off. And he's actually surprised when he gets up and there's a poop in the toilet. Oh my goodness, God is refining me.
Yay Bella!
Grant will sit on the potty willingly but can't figure out how to push it out when he's sitting there. Weird.
Yay Bella! The beginning is hard, but it'll be worth it to try to get her trained before the baby comes!
TOO CUTE!! We have been doing the "sit on the potty to no avail" thing as well around our house. All of the sudden the other day I hear him say, "Uh oh, a carrot in the toilet!" I was dumbfounded and came over to take a closer look, only to find that he had made a deposit in the toilet... his first poop! That was worth TWO M&Ms AND a super potty dance from the whole family!! Oh the days of potty training. :) Now we work on making carrots everyday and he really does try, "sorry mah, no carrot."
i love your stories Jenny. You've got such a beautiful adorable little girl. i love the video!
i LOVE that video. what a lovely family you are!!
seriously! we've watched that video like 50 times, and this morning the girls wanted the same breakfast as bella and uncle travis, so we did. :)
Post a Comment