--------------------------------
Trav had to work this weekend. As in 26 hours this weekend. 26 hours worked from Sat-Sun. Anyways.... during one of our rare hours together, we took a walk to the park with our energetic two-year old. As we sat on the warm concrete, we watched our daughter playfully chase the multitude of swirling leaves in the blustery wind. Her blonde frizz curls blew this way and that, as her broad smile endeared her to us even more. Stopping suddenly, she bent over and picked up a stick. Waving it high above her head, she shouted something to us as she began to run back our way.
"What, Bell?" we yelled back.
But the wind drowned out her comment again. As she continued to run towards us across the grass, she continued to repeat herself, waving her stick, grasped tightly in her hand. Finally arriving, she stopped short of Daddy. Grinning mischievously, she repeated herself once more, raising the stick above her head:
"I kill Daddy and Mama?"
"What? Bella! Where did you hear that?"
"Snow White! ...... I kill Daddy??" as she proceeds to "stab" her father with the stick.
Thank you, Snow White, for another important life lesson learned.
------------------------
I know all you mothers of boys probably find this normal, making weapons out of sticks. I have two brothers... I'm no stranger. But Bella's never done it... and it cracked me up that she learned it from "Snow White."





4 comments:
Yes....thank you, Disney. As Maddie casually said to Justin yesterday, "I hate you." After an EXTENDED time-out session, we finally gathered that we needed to thank that little fish, Nemo.
Oh my! I would have been shocked too! Luckily, Keagan hasn't hit that phase of boy play yet...he's still in love with his cars and the Cars movie. :)
oh I totally know what you mean! I kind of don't love Aria watching snow white it's pretty violent - the witch!!?? I know they will learn this all at some point but its really intense!
too old for Bella, Phineas and Ferb are to thank for Curse you daddy. Overall the show is pretty darn safe but this taken out of context was hard to not be a show stopper.
The "world" seeps in somehow huh?
Post a Comment