DAY 11: A PHOTO OF YOUR FAVORITE MOVIE
I have loved this movie for a long time, first being introduced to it as a young girl. The last time I watched it was shortly after we were newly married and I was aiming to educate my husband on all the classic musicals he had never seen growing up. Most of them he endured (Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, Sound of Music, etc.) but this one he LOVED, which made me so happy. Tevye has always reminded me of my own father - somewhat by his looks, and somewhat by his stubborn spirit - thus endearing me to him even more than already possible. I bawled my eyes out when the second daughter decides to leave home to be with her imprisoned husband in Siberia, and Tevye sings the song with her at the train station. Something about being newly married and living far away in Mississippi and missing my family like crazy struck a chord inside me while watching that scene.
Anyways, I'm off to watch it now... while little lady sleeps soundly upstairs, husband plugs away at work/school, and little baby pummels away at my insides. This weekend's been interesting, so come back tomorrow for stories and pictures... Happy Lord's Day!





3 comments:
me too! a classic favorite and instant tear jerker.
Oh my goodness. I love this one too! My dad played Tevye at NWC when he went there and I would watched the taped play ALL.THE.TIME. I always cry at the "Little Bird" song because it's about the third daughter (me). Good choice!
LOVE this movie...and it's a favorite of my hubby's as well! *sigh* It never gets old....in fact, it sounds like a good movie to watch tonight!
Post a Comment