Monday, December 6, 2010

i admit...

I want snow.  The winter here has been - well, frustrating.  It's "cold" - 40's usually for a high, some days are cooler and others are warmer - but no snow!  My conclusion is this: if the weather is going to change, and tank tops and shorts put to rest; if the leaves are going to solemnly fall to the ground and leave the branches naked and brown; if the grass is going to die and whole color palette of the earth turn to brown and grey (blech!), it MIGHT AS DARN WELL SNOW!!

Lisa is still here - I'm loving her company!  What a fun time this is...

It's been a crazy weekend and I'm heading into my 37 week of pregnancy.  I don't know how else to say it, except, BRING ON THE LABOR.  I know I thought I'd never want to do it again, but really... right now... I just want this little darling out of me.  I want to meet her... move on with life... hold her and kiss her.  I want to sleep, I want to go more than two hours without having my bladder burst.  I want my old back back, I want energy, I want MY BABY!

That's it.  Snow and baby.  Baby and snow.  Please, Santa??

8 comments:

Dacia said...

amen, amen, and AMEN! i feel you on all accounts! week 37 is finally here for both of us! come on baby girls!!

Emily said...

I totally feel you on the snow thing...I'm wishing the same thing. We had some snow flurries today....what a tease. Nothing. Your baby girl is almost here!!!

Amanda B. said...

Well your baby girl will come, but I'm thinking more sleep will not come with her. I remember feeling that way before LM came too though. And then after his arrival I kept thinking "oh it was so much easier when you were inside my belly!"

Joanie said...

I agree with you about the weather. I would rather it be warm , but a winter that feels like winter and acts like winter is a lot less confusing! I wish we would get a little bit of snow here though.

Adventures with Claire, Jason, and Jonas!! said...

I have to agree...the sleep thing is a loss....totally, but I feel you Jenny---That is how I felt last week, and now that I have Freya, though completely exhausted from 2 hour sleep chunks, I wouldn't trade it for the world. And snow, oh boy....we've got plenty if you want some!

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way about winter. I've lived in the midwest my entire life, so I'm used to the inconsistency, but I do agree that if it's going to be cold, then snow already! I also remember being in your shoes, right around 36-37 weeks, just wanting pregnancy to be over and the baby to be here so we could all move on with life!!! I know exactly what that feels like! Here's hoping Bella, Lisa, and Travis will keep you busy for the next several weeks! (or else that your daughter will come early!)

Rebecca said...

We have snow up here [in and around Chicago-land]!!!

Caryl said...

I hope you get snow, and some sleep! =0)
Caryl

data:newerpagetitle data:olderpagetitle data:homepageUrl
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...