Monday, December 27, 2010

ramblings


This is us 5 years ago.
December 27, 2005.
I had just said, "YES!" 
and accepted the most gorgeous ring ever.
It doesn't fit my finger quite the same right now,
but should in a couple weeks... maybe months.

I also tried to fit into my "fat" pants this morning.
Not so much.  Those dern hips.
Post-partum is deceiving.  
You (I) can feel so skinny because I'm lacking a huge bump...
but really... no clothes fit, still.  
Oh well.... it's winter anyways.

I've mentally been making a list about all the things I've missed during this pregnancy:
* Hugging my husband - frontally - nice and tight.  Love being in his arms.
* Sleeping.  I know, I'm not getting much consistent sleep, but whatever sleep I do get is a deep, wonderful, fast-falling sleep.  With no bathroom breaks.  Ahhh...
* Being able to do the dishes without my stomach jamming into the sink.
* Reading with Bella on my lap.
* Energy.  Again, I know I don't have much, but whatever I do have feels rejuvenating. 

But of course, this little munchkin was worth every ounce of discomfort.

4 comments:

Jon and Noonie Fugler said...

I think I took that picture! I do recognize the garage.

Karisa said...

What an angel!

I hear you on all your post-partum thoughts!

Ebethteach said...

AMEN on the postpartum clothes blah! Hang in there.
The pic at the end left me with a contented sigh remembering this kind of heart melting sweetness that only a newborn gives ya;) Enjoy!

Annelies Fugler said...

Oh, Jenny, she is beautiful. And how is my other beautiful girl? Scanning for new stories and pictures daily. :)

data:newerpagetitle data:olderpagetitle data:homepageUrl
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...