In some ways, I feel as though she's reverting to her infant stage: colicky and fussy all.day.long. She whines, she cries, she doesn't obey. These things are difficult, but we're willing to work with her. It's just like having a bad day with her, but many days in a row. I hear this is normal, so I'm hopeful it will pass. I just pray for extra EXTRA doses of patience with her.
(I know this is Summer, but I just had to share... regardless of the topic)
The night times (and nap times) have become atrocious. My phenomenal sleeper has converted to a terror. She claims she is afraid of the dark, which I believed at first. But now, it's during nap time and every couple hours at night, waking up, screaming and crying. Trav and I are beside ourselves knowing what to do... discipline? encourage? snuggle? ignore? pamper? let her face her fears? I don't know... All I know, is that she's not sleeping and neither are we. Very frustrating...
Lest you think she's lost favor with us, no worrying there. Despite her multiple-personality disorder, she's still the goofy, entertaining child that keeps us laughing. As of late, all traffic laws have been fascinating her. Especially those that pertain to the traffic lights. She'll bombard us with questions about who's turn it is to go, why we made a right turn on red, etc. Even last night, as I held her in the rocker after our third bout of getting up with her, I heard her murmur something. "What baby?" I asked gently.
"Red means stop. Do not go. Green means go. Yellow means slow down. Sometimes you can turn right on red."
Uhhhh yes. I sure hope this isn't what's keeping her up at night.
And Summer. At two weeks, she's still a dear. Hardly cries, content to just be. Doesn't mind Bella's adoring pokes and proddings, and is a super eater. She's still drowning in any NB sized clothing, but I can tell she's growing a bit. We love her to pieces. As of now, the transition to two children has been immeasurably easier than the transition to one. Praise the Lord.
And a quick snapshot of Bells... because I love the quirky, unruly, "has-my-heart-wrapped-around-her-finger" lass.







6 comments:
Jenny,
This is just a thought...is she having night terrors or is she really awake? It sounds like she's awake when this happens and if that's the case, then night terrors are out. But I do know that they usually spike around her age and consist of the child waking up multiple times at night screaming (although they aren't really awake...just screaming). We had one who was prone to them and it was really hard and they came on suddenly.
I'll pray for you friend. Sounds like a lot to deal with when you're trying to care for an infant who is up all night as well!
Hey, I love your new family pic, by the way. You look amazing and I love seeing all of you by the tree. Such a beautiful family!
Happy New Year friend!
Love,
Nikki
Nikki -
Some people have brought up night terrors, but I really don't think they are. She'll stop crying as soon as we go in there, and we can reason with her... so for that reason, I think she's just ... whatever she is. Had a good talk with my mom today on what to do, so hopefully I can implement some of her wisdom.
Thanks for your encouragement, as always. :-) Happy New Year to you as well...
Oh, Jenny, I'm so sorry. I know you would like the sleep but also want Bella to be content and a happy girl. Do you think she might feel that you go get Summer when she cries in the night? So then, she wants that attention also? Just a thought. But these "little" things do go away. Love you, Nana
i remember people asking me about the transition from 1 to 2 and my response was always the same..."the baby is easy, it's the toddler that i cannot handle!" same goes true today as i transition from 2 to 3. :-) hang in there...this too shall pass!!
Your Summer is adorable. We want to meet her. The girls are over their colds I think. Also maybe Bella wants some Lily time? I will try calling you tomorrow.
Jenny,
We have twins and our daughter has had more sleep issues than her brother; so much so that her brother leans out of the bed and says, "stay in bed Taryn and quiet Taryn"... Long story short we took her to a ear nose and throat doctor and she has HUGE tonsils and abnoid so we are planning on getting them taken care of in the next month. Not easy and a after having a son first a lot more drama with a girl, o'my. Hang in there and when i pray for our nights sleep i will pray for yours as well. We had to drive home to Taryn to stay in her bed despite tonsils. Sometimes rewarding them in the morning with a sticker works... Not easy stuff us moms need our sleep. Hang in there.
Post a Comment