Sunday, March 6, 2011

playin' hookey

I'm not feeling too hot.  So, I skipped church today to enjoy a quiet morning of rest with my sweet Summer Sunshine.  I have a bunch of pictures of my precious girls from this weekend, but I really just wanted to share a quick four minute "sermon" by Francis Chan that my mom shared with me to mull over during my alone time.  So true.  So "right-on."  Why is it so difficult to live dangerously?  Maybe because I'm not quite sure how that's supposed to look in my military lifestyle?  In my stay-at-home-Mama lifestyle?  I'm not quite sure... but I want to.  Hope you're challenged by this like I was...

3 comments:

Ebethteach said...

In church today my pastor said "Stop waiting for God to give you the map and pick up the compass." I loved that because that is real faith. Paul had that faith and went. God told him where to go once he headed somewhere. Like you I don't know what that means exactly for me mom of 4 kids and firefighter/2 jobs erratic schedule husband. Nevertheless I am determined to do something. Thanks for sharing! I love when God gives me multiple ways to confirm exactly what I feel him saying to me:)

Rebecca said...

Maybe this is completely off-kilter to what you got from the video but here is what was in my brain after watching the clip.

Giving of ourselves is a RISK. Giving our money; giving our time; giving our lives...it's all a RISK. To me, that is living dangerously. He referenced living in a gated community, etc...as a way of protecting ourselves, putting up barriers so we're not hurt.

My family is really involved in a specific ministry at our church. Today, while out on the ministry, one of our cars was totaled by another driver. Icy roads, no one was hurt [praise God], a total accident....!! Today, I had the thought, "Ack! another problem." But if we weren't involved in ministries, if we weren't putting ourselves out there, bad things wouldn't happen. NEITHER would the good things. Kids' lives changed; behavior changed; salvation decisions being made. It's all a RISK but for good, for eternity.

Just my little two cents. LOVE your blog, Jenny. :)

jenny said...

EbethTeach: Loved your comment. I also love how God convicts in more areas than one. Trav and I listened to another sermon by Francis Chan last night, titled "Lukewarm and Lovin' It!" SOOO good and challenging. Here's the link for that if you're interested: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X82kjL1hDYU

And My Bright Corner: I TOTALLY agree. I don't think that God has set specifics out there as to what we can do to "be on the edge." Otherwise, we'd all be following it, because we like rules we can follow. THat's why life is such a risk: we don't always know if the path we're taking is the correct one. Living for Him is a risk - but such a worthy one! So glad you're safe from your car accident. Thanks for your comment.

data:newerpagetitle data:olderpagetitle data:homepageUrl
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...