Friday, June 10, 2011

five

Five years married to this man.  And he is sweeter to me now than then.  I love how time does that.

Being at my parents' home has prompted me to share many of my childhood memories with Bella, as we walk  the same streets I roamed, play at the same parks I played at, sleep in the same room I dreamt in.  My story usually goes something like this:

When I was a little girl, I lived here!  And I played at this park and swung on this rope swing with my sisters, your Auntie Kate and Auntie Betsy.  And when I grew all up, I went away to school and while I was in school, I met your Daddy.  [This is where Bella's eyes get bright and excited.]  And wonder of wonders, your Daddy loved me!  And I loved your Daddy.  And we got married on a beautiful June day.  A short while later, we learned we were going to have a baby... we were so happy.  [And this is where Bella shouts, "Who is it??  Who's the baby??"]  After my tummy got huge and big, we went to the hospital and I pushed out a beautiful baby girl.  And Daddy looked at me with tears in his eyes and he said, "Jen, she's BEAUTIFUL."  So, we named our baby Bella, because Bella means beautiful.  [And this is where Bella interjects and says, "Yes!  You went to the hostible and pushed out ME!  And I was a baby!"]  And then another short while later, we learned we were going to have ANOTHER baby.  And after my tummy got big and huge again, we went to the hospital and I pushed out another sweet baby girl, and we named her... ["Summer Noelle!  My sister!"]  Yes, we named her Summer Noelle.  ["And when I growed up, I'm going to marry Daddy and go to the hostible too!  When I growed up..."]

(Why I love this picture)
I do hope my girls grow up to marry someone just like Daddy.  After five years with him, I realize I know so little of who he truly is - the depths and uniqueness of Travis.  But what I do know, and what I look forward to knowing more over the years, I know that I want my girls to be able to tell these same sweet stories to their little girls, as they walk with their strollers and babes.  That wonder of wonders, he loves me.

Happy five years, Hon.

5 comments:

Cassie said...

Oh dear, I got a little teary. Post-prego hormones and beautiful words will do that. So nice to hear about your love for your man. Happy Anniversary to you guys.

Karisa said...

So sweet...gave me chills. I feel the same way about my girls and their daddy. We will be moving "home" during his year-long deployment next year, and I anticipate many similar conversations for us.

Happy Anniversary. :-)

Jon and Noonie Fugler said...

Happy Anniversary Jenny and Travis! I love the story. I can almost picture the discussion happening. I am sure you'll get a rain check to celebrate your anniversary.

Adventures with Claire, Jason, and Jonas!! said...

Happy Happy Anniversary Jenny! I was thinking about you guys and remembering that wonderful wedding day:) My how time flies---we are old and wise married women now:)

shane and jackee said...

Hi Jenny...I've found your blog a few different times and love reading it! Then I realized that you and Travis have the same anniversary as my husband and I...AND your little girl, Summer has the same birthday as my little boy Isaiah. Sort of crazy, but I thought I should finally leave a comment on your blog, since I've been a silent stalker for sometime now. :)Love your humor and your writing! May God continue to bless your family!!

Jackee

data:newerpagetitle data:olderpagetitle data:homepageUrl
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...