Friday, September 16, 2011

nueve


Little Sweet Summer has been quickly evolving into Little Spitfire Summer.

With crawling has come some major discoveries for little Sums.  Namely, getting into anything and everything... following me around and hanging on my pant leg... finding her voice {and realizing it's LOUD}... knocking Bella over and getting into Bella's play things... standing on her own... etc.


You know... the usual for a 9-month old.  Little Spitfire that she is, though, she listens to me.  When I tell her no, she [usually] refrains.  She recognizes my tone and will often move on to something else just so she doesn't get "Mama's stare."  It's fun - albeit exhausting - watching her grow and develop from sweet, easy baby to active, little Miss Personality.


She completely disregards any sort of baby food and wants the REAL STUFF.  Cheese, fruit, veggies, meat... she scarfs it all - and wants more.  Still won't take any sort of bottle - only wants Mama.  And I'm okay with that [for the most part].  She and Bella CRACK EACH OTHER UP multiple times during the day, and every day, it is my highlight to see them belly laugh together.  Bella is convinced that when she grows up to be a Mama, Summer will be her baby then.  By the way she brags and tells every Tom, Dick, and Harry about her little sister, you think she had pushed her out of her womb!


While these early days/months/years are physically exhausting, it is a fulfilling exhaustion.  Time really flies and I thank God for the blessings that I call my daughters... especially this little 9-month old one.

6 comments:

Dacia said...

how are our babies 9 months old already?!! i'm not ready to be telling another little person, "no". i already say that too many times in one day as it is! uugh! sweet girls!

mel @ the larson lingo said...

My youngest was the same way about baby food...she was all about the Real food like her sister was getting!

Anonymous said...

Random, but I think you mean "nueve" instead of "nuevo"! :)

LBeck said...

She is looking more and more like her sister every day!! Such a sweet face that little girl has. Hugs to her on her Neuf month ;-)

Liv said...

JENNY!! so good to hear you guys are together- seriously it warms my heart to hear your together even if its small. I can jsut picture the closet... perfect snuggle nook for the kids! Ahh we are praying for you a lot- on my mind a lot- Aria is excited about the box we are getting ready for you guys, cutting out tidbits to put inside. I hope it's going well to some degree- someone cleans your room, toilet and floor, cable, sometimes it's nice to be pampered in those types of ways- eating out.
I would love to be on Tommy's trip right now-
Miss you and love you guys!
Liv

anna said...

Your Summy has rather voluptuous lips. (Is that really how that word is spelled...voluptuous?) Anyways, I'm rather jealous.

data:newerpagetitle data:olderpagetitle data:homepageUrl
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...