Sunday, September 11, 2011

teeny tiny

So I got my wish.  To live simply - like in the olden days, right?

Totally unrelated pictures.
From a hike whilst in Colorado.

We arrived in Alabama after 18 hours of driving (split over two days).  The girls were rock-stars.  By the time we poured out of the van, both girls were in laughing hysterics.  Giggling over the slightest movement and/or noise.  Trav and I were like.... "Uhhh... poor ladies.  Too much traveling..."  Both are currently conked out in the closet.

So... ya.  This "room" were staying in for the next 6 weeks is tiny.  Teeny tiny.  It is one room --with a small kitchenette.  Thank the Lord.  A 5-foot long hallway/closet connects to the bathroom.  This is where the girls are sleeping.  I brought lots of quilts to act as room dividers.

We have internet, thankfully.  Dial-up.  Just like the olden days (right, Ma??).  Nice 'n slow...

Walking Biscuit (the grandparents' dog).
ALWAYS chattering...

Circumstances are most definitely made better or worse by one's attitude [and yesterday, I'll admit, my attitude was not so stellar], so ... here goes:

(+) We're with Trav/Daddy
(+) I have a stack of books that I've been waiting to read
(+) A sweater that is 2/3 finished (knitted) waiting for me
(+) A challenge in living in close quarters with 3 other people... a challenge we will conquer!!

That's all I can come up with for now.  But it makes a pretty good list for starters.  Here's to the next 6 weeks!  I hope to keep up with you, that is... as much as my dial-up will allow.  :-)

6 comments:

Dacia said...

i miss you! but i am so glad you are there! i'll help you with the list...you are in walking distance from the library on base and in walking distance to several parks and the weather is nice...right?! ps. i made my curtains! cannot wait for you to see them. i may just have to email you a picture. :-) did i say i miss you?

B.Dobs said...

I've commented once or twice before in the past, but mostly I just read your posts. I'm in Tuscaloosa (and I know you're not, but my dad was in the AF so I can guess where you are) and if you are ever looking for a road trip or something to do, I would love to entertain your family for a day. Or be helpful in any way I can (Southern hospitality at it's finest). I'm a friend of Emily A. on FB if you ever need to get in contact. On a side note, I am so glad you get to be with your love for 6 weeks! I know you will make the most of the cramped quarters.
- Beth.

donnasue said...

ooch... love the pictures of you girls walking and b yaking and walking the biscuit. Jen i just looked at this blog after I got off the phone with you. great post, thanks for sharing.

Dina M said...

Wow....18 hours?!?! That is true love!!! I'm sure you'll make the best of your time and surroundings. I love the last picture. She looks like she can be quite animated.

Karisa said...

Are you guys at SOS?? Your description just flashed me back to four years ago. We shared that little space with just us and our then 3 month old, and that was hard enough! Woman, you are brave!!! :-) I do remember a family there with THREE kids though! I had a great time up in AL (we were stationed in FL at the time) and made some mommy friends that are still part of my life today. Enjoy - and make a trip down to the Gulf Coast if you can swing it!

jenny said...

B.Dobs! Tuscaloosa! What a great city... we went there many-a-time while stationed at Columbus. I heard it got knocked out by the tornados! :-( I will definitely let you know if we're headed up that way. They have some things planned for us on the weekends so far... and we have yet to make traveling plans. But thanks for the invite!

And Karisa - Yes. :) We are enjoying it... the girls really are doing well... I didn't think I could do it with two kids, but there are MANY families to two (or 3!) kids. What we do to be together. :)

data:newerpagetitle data:olderpagetitle data:homepageUrl
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...