Saturday, October 29, 2011

the real side of Sums

This week has hit me upside the head.  I don't know if Summer's teething, sick, or what -- but it's been a draining week with her snot, extreme fussiness, etc.  I feel ready for bed at any and all hours of the day.  I started off the week with a bang: deep cleaning my house; cooking a healthy, delish meal every night... and ended with a dirty house (inevitable) and meals, but maybe not prepared with as much patience and love as I intended.  Such is motherhood... don't sweat the small things, eh?

In happier news, I received my full cd of photos from our shoot with Tray.  Mmmmm... my favorite part?  He caught so accurately my girls' personality.  Especially of our little Sums... who is constantly moving, groovin' and crackin' us up (except for this week).  Without further ado, I introduce
THE REAL SIDE OF SUMS

Crazy nut.
She makes this face all the time...
and wheezes.
"Let's go, Ma!"
"...and get this dern thing off my head.
Embrace the baldness."
Determined little face.
Always going somewhere...


Speaking of capturing personalities, here is my Bella in a nutshell:


Serious.
Contemplative.
Always wondering "Why?"
and sometimes rather ornery.
And beautiful.

These two to a T.
Bells: not wanting to smile... wondering why this guy is taking our pics.
Summer: cracking herself up over something.  Probably a piece of grass.
There it is again:
that wheezy, growly face she loves to give us.
And the clappy hands.
I LOVE these two.
Thanks again, Tray, for capturing my ladies so perfectly.

3 comments:

Sarah Helfinstine said...

Love those pictures--I can just imagine their personalities from their expressions! And Abby's been wheezing and growling too...must be something in the air?! Ab's been a little fussypants this week too. Teething, sick, ?? I give up. And put her to bed early.
I know you'll treasure those photos; such a sweet gift to your family!

Kate said...

i absolutely love bella's lips and could just kiss em. i guess you'll have to do that for me. send her (and adorable summy) all of my love.

Amanda B. said...

Can I just say I absolutely love Summer's bald head. Someday she'll have hair, but for now that sweet bald head is just precious. Gotta love our baldies, eh?!

data:newerpagetitle data:olderpagetitle data:homepageUrl
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...