We've had a valuable lesson in flexibility during this time in Alabama. Heck, the last seven months have been a lesson in flexibility. Before we came down here, I thought, "I could never live in a hotel room with BOTH kids for 6 weeks." Boom. Consider it {nearly} done, my friends. And we enjoyed it! It struck me last night, as we returned from our trip to Jackson, as I watched Summer crawling into every nook and cranny, and Bella twirling in the small space of her closet/"bedroom", that these girls are phenomenal. Adjusting so quickly and happily to any and every situation, loving one another throughout the long car rides, Bella making such sense of it all in her 3-year old mind... I really admire my girls. The past seven months have held:
End of March-end of June: Daddy deployed
End of May- June: visiting CA
July: integrating Daddy back in our lives
July-August: Daddy sent on 5 trips - a week or longer at a time.
Beginning of August: CA for Uncle Greg's wedding
End of August- beginning of Sept: CO to visit Grandparents/follow Daddy/run our race
Middle of Sept- middle of Oct: AL with Daddy
It's no wonder I had this conversation with Bella the other day:
Bella [upon spying someone with the same sippy cup]: Hey, we have that same cup in... in... in... Minnesota!
Me: We don't live in Minnesota, Bella.
B: I mean, we have that same cup in ... in... in... Colorado.
Me: Um... nope.
B: California?
Me: No.
B: Where are we again, Mama?
Me: Alabama.
B: But where's our house with all my toys and my bed?
Me: Kansas.
B: Oh ya! We have that cup in our house in Kansas!
Anyhoo... I understand every mom thinks their kids are awesome. And I understand I'm just one of those. So I proudly proclaim:
From my comfortable perch upon our bed,
In our lovely, cluttered hotel room,
While the box fan drones out my typing noise
so as not to wake my slumbering, closet-bound babes,
I am PROUD of my girls.
They are strong, AF children.
Flexible, content, and most precious to my soul.





6 comments:
Incredible girls for sure, but certainly influenced by their mama! You're an amazing woman to survive all that with your sanity intact.
Jenny aka Travis#2. Your girls look VERY much like sisters in that pic. And Summy has TEETH! She looks so old!
So I tried to comment on YOUR comment on my blog and it totally denied me and wouldn't post it. Stupid thing. Oh well. :)
Anyways, love to you and your beauties. :)
That's what being an AF brat is all about! Take it from one who knows and is so appreciative of the way she grew up in the AF! It may seem like a wild and demanding world but it's a huge blessing - with some lessons that would/will never be learned in any other way of life!
Proud of you too! Such a good mama to those girls! :)
i'm so glad she said minnesota... :) you guys never even lived there! but i know what its like to have a little of your heart left in that state...
Yes amazing girls because of their amazing parents my friend. You have done an incredible job thus far raising their sweet souls. I'm so happy for you guys that this time in Alabama has been a blessing to your family, I know you needed that good family time. And Btw I already knew your girls were amazing AF girls, at least my daughter sure thinks so :-) Love you guys and hugs from us all!
I think your kids are awesome too. :)
Post a Comment