Monday, November 7, 2011

in which DST kicks my hiney

Ohhhhh, how I used to LUUUURVE Daylight Savings Time.  Then I had Bella.  Which made things a bit more difficult, as it took a day or so to get adjusted.  And then I had Summer.... who never sleeps and is currently waking up at 4:15ish a.m.  Sufferin' succotash.  I'm beat.  We're beat.  I think we'll move to Arizona.


Furthermore, I decided to undertake potty training Bella through the night this weekend.  Two nights of minor accidents, but last night was perfect.  Way to go, my 3-year old!  I love having one less diaper to change in the morning... it's the little things, I tell ya.


And... I decided to switch to cloth diapers with my Sums.  My sister is doing it with her 4th babe, and after many conversations with her, Trav and I decided to give it a go as well.  I'm excited.  Summer gets diaper rashes pretty badly and I'm hoping this will eliminate them.  I'm also excited to not buy diapers anymore.  We'll see how this adventure goes.  If you're at all interested, I'm using the Best Bottom Diapers.


Annnd... the man of the house.  He's a dear.  We've been blessed with some extra time together (i.e. getting home at a early hour [5:30ish p.m.], not flying as often, etc) and it does my "quality-time-love-language" heart well.  Why, last night, we slipped into bed early and he pulled me into the crook of his arm.  I love his arms.  He asked, "How are you, my Jenny?" and my heart swelled with contentedness.  Just to be cared for and loved... it really is more than I could ask for.


Sooo... we're tired.  And needing to train the babe to sleep longer.  And probably dealing with lots of bodily fluids in the next weeks... but we're loved.  Love certainly does cover all, doesn't it?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We use cloth and like it a lot. Definitely makes it easier to not run out of diapers and have to run out and buy some! With cloth you never run out! :) I have several friends who use Best Bottom and love them! We use BumGenius. Hopefully you will find it works well with your family!

Shannon said...

Oh I just read Kate's post and I am very intrigued about cloth for when baby girl makes her debut. Please post updates if you think of it on how the transition is going as I would be ever-appreciative.

DST kicked my hiney too (and very royally might I add) because I forgot to set my clocks back the evening before. It made Ryan's early rising a little tougher to swallow that's for sure!

Hope you have a lovely day today!!

anna said...

Ok, so I haven't exactly put a ton of thought into the cloth diaper thing (for obvious reasons) but I'd like to think that if/when that day comes I will use cloth. Kate's post was muy interesante. Also, can I borrow your baby to help develop my abs also? It looks highly effective. :)

Brooke A. Jeffrey said...

Oh my gosh, jenny, i was cracking up at that video! so cute :)

data:newerpagetitle data:olderpagetitle data:homepageUrl
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...