Police say Afghan man who wanted a son killed his wife for giving birth to girl
KABUL, Afghanistan – An Afghan woman has been strangled to death, apparently by her husband, who was upset that she gave birth to a second daughter rather than the son he had hoped for, police said Monday.
The woman, named Estorai, had warned family members that her husband had repeatedly reproached her for giving birth to a daughter rather than a son and had threatened to kill her if it happened again, said Provincial women's affairs chief Nadira Ghya, who traveled to Khanabad to deal with the case. Estorai gave birth to her second daughter between two and three months ago, Ghya said. Officials did not have a family name for either Sher Mohammad or Estorai.
To read the whole article, click here.
I can't understand this kind of horror. I also recently saw this promo for a documentary. Take a minute or two to find out the three most dangerous words:
Come, Lord Jesus.
The heart without Christ is so desperately evil and wicked.
This blog post can only do one small thing:
to make aware of the desperate state our world is in...
...and hopefully promote prayer and outreach.
Thank You, God, for little girls.
Protect them everywhere.




5 comments:
I have no words. Just tears for those poor girls and prayers for a world that is so very, very lost and broken.
This sort of made me feel sick to my stomach. I echo your prayers for Jesus to COME...and am so thankful that He watches over all of us without pause.
Yes Jenny such scary things going on in the world, rob and I were just saying how much Americans fights for anti abortion in our country yet these countless babies go unheard. Sad does not begin to describe the emotion I feel when hearing these stories.
Heartbreaking
uuuugh. yes, come Lord Jesus!
Post a Comment