Monday, April 30, 2012

two things

1. Bella gave me the greatest gift this past week.  Up until now, she's been potty trained for just over a year.  But not at night.  The girl has ALWAYS woken up with a sopping diaper.  None of this "half-dry" stuff... when she's out, she's OUT.  I had tried training her through the night about 6 months ago, but all that produced was lots of frustration for me, extra laundry, and an upset child.  I had decided I would take another go at it once Travis deployed (soon).  To say I have been dreading this step is a MAJOR understatement.

Until one week ago.  Bella came in our room in the morning and announced she "stayed dry!!"  Mm-hmm.  I've heard that before.  Lo and behold, the girl was correct!!  I was astounded.  The next night, the same result.  And the next, and the next, and the next.  Finally, two nights ago, I put panties on her.  Come morning, DRY.  I couldn't BE HAPPIER.  Trav doesn't quite understand my enthusiasm, but then again, he's never potty trained. Or cleaned pee pee sheets every night for 2 weeks in a row.  Bella June, this is the greatest gift ever given.  Thank you, Sweets.

2. I found some great fabric to make into new throw pillows for our couch.  The fabric was a steal of a deal!  Ready to hear where I purchased it??


for:

&


+

for:
 (each)


If you don't normally buy fabric, I would say $5/yard is a pretty good price.  I don't usually buy fabric full price, unless I absolutely need to.  Seeing these shower curtains and body pillow covers on sale at Target was perfect.  I loved all three fabrics and, if I'm doing my math right, each was about $2.24/yard.  That's a steal of a deal!!  Moral of the story: look for fabric deals in all the WRONG places.

The pillow covers I'm dreaming up will look something like these:

(1)

(2) I like the striped one.
I'll check back when I'm finished!!  Happy Monday to you all.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

You are so smart!! I need to try this buying cheap fabric thing...Greg would definitely appreciate it. :) Can't wait to see what you whip up!

Kate said...

what a great idea jen.bo.ben! you are so frugal! :) i really like that bow pillow... its beautiful!

data:newerpagetitle data:olderpagetitle data:homepageUrl
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...