Tuesday, May 8, 2012

a momentary marriage

"The beauty of the covenant-keeping love between Christ and His church shines brightest when nothing but Christ can sustain it."

- John Piper, This Momentary Marriage


I was gently reminded this morning that because my marriage is difficult (whether by circumstances or personalities or stubbornness on my part), therein lies the beauty of it all.  The most beautiful marriage is the very one that would fail without Christ, and yet, with Christ succeeds and flourishes.


7 comments:

Aly said...

that movie was incredible. thank you for sharing.

Betsy said...

oh....how sweet was that story. made me cry. It's so cool that marriage is bigger than who we are because God created it. He created it to be a pointer toward a bigger Reality, that is Himself & His bride, the church. Marriage is not about us, but we get to be a part of it:)

donnasue said...

Thanks so very much for posting this incredible testimony. Praise God for our imperfections.

Elizabeth Hure said...

That was inspiring to love against all odds. Jenny, I will be praying for you that you will find inspiration in your daily life while he is gone on a TDY as I remember quite well the emotions that surface.
I love your blog.
Elizabeth Hure

Laura said...

I love how a change in perspective really goes a long way. I really enjoyed your last post. My husband will start going away again this summer (Navy) and it's nice to be reminded we're not alone. Thanks for being honest in a refreshing way :).

Anonymous said...

Oh Jenny, As humans we always think our situation is worse than anyone else's but God has promised He will not give anything more than we can handle with His help. This was a touching story but think of the lives it has touched showing how faithful our God is! He is faithful to you and Travis also. Can't wait to see you when you get here. Love you SO MUCH!! Nana

LBeck said...

Wow jenn that was powerful. Thanks for sharing. The simple truth yes 'God is Awesome'.

Linds

data:newerpagetitle data:olderpagetitle data:homepageUrl
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...