Thursday, July 26, 2012

happiness is...

 A Daddy flag...
for welcoming him home.

Stars...
for each deployment-return date.
This date got changed a bit - 
two days doesn't seem too bad in retrospect.

An incomplete family...
totally ready to brave the 100* F degree heat to meet Daddy. 

Two best friends...
each waiting for their own daddy.
It's nice to share a deployment with a friend.

Two girls THRILLED to see their Daddy...
and a Daddy overwhelmed with love. 

A little one...
obsessed with Daddy's chewing gum.

Trav returned home last night... waaay after bedtimes
(the sun goes down way late here).

I'm quite enjoying:
(a) the reprieve of constant little-kid touch
(b) the little voices yelling "Daddy!!  Daddy!!" all through the house
(c) a man to hold and kiss and touch
(d) our complete family
*
*
*
Thank you for all your prayers and well-wishes.  My man has made it home.

6 comments:

Kali said...

Couldn't be happier for you guys! Enjoy your reunion :)

Tim and Melissa McBee said...

So glad he's home! And I love the flag!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Jenny, how happy I am for all of you. I'm certain "daddy" is beside himself with all the lovin' he's getting. Can't wait to see all of you. Love, Nana

LBeck said...

yeah! so happy he finally made it home. LOVE the flag, I dont think I have ever seen it? Such a fun idea! you are always so creative! have so much fun.

Jon and Noonie Fugler said...

How cool, Jenny. You are so creative. Can you make one for me, with a star for every time I resist a donut? There wouldn't be any dates in them.

Shannon said...

Awe Jen...this post makes me smile in so many ways. Wonderful pics and what a cute and creative Daddy flag. Love it all.

data:newerpagetitle data:olderpagetitle data:homepageUrl
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...