Saturday, September 1, 2012

early present

Trav's birthday was one week ago.  Bella's is on Monday.  Mine is on Thursday.  In a collaborative present, we bought ourselves a Canon.  Ooh-oooooh!  I'm LOVING it.  It's really a present for muah, as I'm the main picture taker, but Trav is known to have a creative bone in his body... so I'm sure he'll be out-photographing me anyday.  Here are some "practice shots" I've been having fun with today.  I have lots to read up on and learn... can't wait to fully move away from "auto shot."












Here are some of the places I'll be reading from to gain camera-wisdom:

Kevin and Amanda's Photography Tutorial

Pioneer Woman's "What the Heck is an Aperture?" series

5 comments:

anna said...

I'm totally jealous...and now I get what your facebook status meant. haha. I was going to say, "you got...Summer? for your birthday? say whaaaa?" Got it now. One day, one day...I too will have one. :) Enjoy it!

Dina M. said...

Very Cool! I'm a budding photographer and am going to check out those sites too. I love the photo with Bella's head tilted. What a cutie! Happy Birthday to all of you!

Kate said...

did you photoshop any of those...they look wonderful! how fun, jj!

jenny said...

Thanks Anna and Dina,
Yes, I've been yearning for one for quite some time. It's a bit of money, but SOO worth it, in my humble opinion. :-)

Kate, I did put a couple of those on picnik and just auto corrected some of the color... but that's it! Amazing, huh? Oh, and the one of Summer I brightened her eyes. But not much! Amazing, huh?

kelseylynae said...

Jenny,

I LOVE my Canon. I will admit that I have not been very good about getting shots of Blythe with it, as my iphone seems too handy :) However, it is WONDERFUL and is great for FAST MOVING toddler parts ;)

Love the high contrast one of Bella in the driveway.

data:newerpagetitle data:olderpagetitle data:homepageUrl
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...