++ First off: my friend, Anna, is doing her monthly "You Bake Me Happy." So hurry on over and enter to win some yummy bread!! Tomorrow is the deadline!! ++
1. Bella came in my bed this morning because she was cold. Usually Summer is the first to rise, so I was surprised when Bella said she was still sleeping. And as we lay there, snuggling in the morning warmth of my bed, my mind couldn't stop going to awful places - like maybe Summer was dead, lying cold in her crib. At last I just couldn't stand it, and I rushed into Summer's room... only to find her lying awake, quietly snuggling with her shummy. I grabbed her close to me and breathed her in. So thankful for two alive, warm, happy little girls.
2. Travis worked 24 hours out of the last 26 hours. He came home so exhausted last night. I put him to bed with the children at seven o'clock. Then I wandered around downstairs, picking up and thinking. He hasn't been deployed or been on a trip since August, but with the amount of work he's doing, it feels like he's deployed.
3. Summer has a preference for Travis in most areas. Recently, any time she poops and I smell it, I'll ask, "Did you poop? Let's go change you." And she'll adamantly refuse and say, "No, DADDY change you." I try to oblige her at all opportunities.
4. Bella and I leave tomorrow on an airplane to attend my aunt's wedding. Travis and Summer are going to chum it up Saturday through Monday. I'm sad to miss a weekend with my absent man, but I'm rather excited about a "girl's weekend" with my eldest. She's a LOVER of stories: whether they're made up, from my childhood, from a book, a movie, a audio book... she wants it all. So, I'm prepared. I borrowed Stuart Little, Little House in the Big Woods, and The Boxcar Children #2 (she adored the first one) from the library. That way the whole plane won't need to know every story from my childhood.
5. Summer's a lover. Seriously, every few minutes, she'll run up to me, hug my leg or lay her head on my lap or rub my arm, and then sweetly say, "Hi Mama." Just during this post, she's done that very thing four times, tried to crawl into my lap twice just to nestle her blonde wisps near my bosom. So different from Bella, who seems to not desire much physical affection. I love them both and their differences. But I love my baby.
6. My house is a hot mess and I need to clean it. Goodbye.
1. Bella came in my bed this morning because she was cold. Usually Summer is the first to rise, so I was surprised when Bella said she was still sleeping. And as we lay there, snuggling in the morning warmth of my bed, my mind couldn't stop going to awful places - like maybe Summer was dead, lying cold in her crib. At last I just couldn't stand it, and I rushed into Summer's room... only to find her lying awake, quietly snuggling with her shummy. I grabbed her close to me and breathed her in. So thankful for two alive, warm, happy little girls.
2. Travis worked 24 hours out of the last 26 hours. He came home so exhausted last night. I put him to bed with the children at seven o'clock. Then I wandered around downstairs, picking up and thinking. He hasn't been deployed or been on a trip since August, but with the amount of work he's doing, it feels like he's deployed.
3. Summer has a preference for Travis in most areas. Recently, any time she poops and I smell it, I'll ask, "Did you poop? Let's go change you." And she'll adamantly refuse and say, "No, DADDY change you." I try to oblige her at all opportunities.
4. Bella and I leave tomorrow on an airplane to attend my aunt's wedding. Travis and Summer are going to chum it up Saturday through Monday. I'm sad to miss a weekend with my absent man, but I'm rather excited about a "girl's weekend" with my eldest. She's a LOVER of stories: whether they're made up, from my childhood, from a book, a movie, a audio book... she wants it all. So, I'm prepared. I borrowed Stuart Little, Little House in the Big Woods, and The Boxcar Children #2 (she adored the first one) from the library. That way the whole plane won't need to know every story from my childhood.
5. Summer's a lover. Seriously, every few minutes, she'll run up to me, hug my leg or lay her head on my lap or rub my arm, and then sweetly say, "Hi Mama." Just during this post, she's done that very thing four times, tried to crawl into my lap twice just to nestle her blonde wisps near my bosom. So different from Bella, who seems to not desire much physical affection. I love them both and their differences. But I love my baby.
6. My house is a hot mess and I need to clean it. Goodbye.





2 comments:
Oh that darn #6....and on a friday to boot. Hope you have fun on your trip and I'm sure just having one kid with you will feel like a snap!
Oh #3 made me laugh! I need that. Thank you!
Post a Comment