There's nary a sweeter way to wake than to hear a rooster crowing from your daughters' bedroom. And upon rising and peeking your head into said room, to see a darling, white-blonde bed-headed lass crowing at the top of her lungs, "COCKADOODLE DOO!!! Hi Mama, I a ticken!" Nary a sweeter way...
...unless of course, you were to waken all on your own, after nine or so hours of unbroken sleep. Ahhh, motherhood has ruined me forever (or so it seems) of a good night's sleep.
*****
My world consists of mothering. Mothering, wife-ing, cleaning, cooking, and more mothering. It's my role and duty in life and I love my life. Often, as of late, I look at the blog and think, "It's time to quit. I've no wisdom/insight/humor/writing to offer anymore." And maybe I'm right. I feel as though I'm writing to the air and maybe I'm just writing to fill the space.
But, I don't think I'll quit quite yet. I may be sparse, but not quitting. I still enjoy my little space of the world wide web, and I want to enjoy it for what it is: a journal of sorts to sort out life, and invite others to come along. I don't want to judge my posts by how many comments it gathers, or how many page views. I want to enjoy it for enjoyment's sake. So... a little perspective change on my end, rather.
And thank you, for reading, dear reader.





16 comments:
I always enjoy yours posts, jenny! Please don't stop blogging:)
Hi Jenny. I still read. I probably don't show up on your counter because I read in google reader and rarely ever click over to your actual sight. But I read every word of every post and I will continue to do so. Your honest heart is so beautiful. I'm so glad you continue to share your life here.
Pleeeeas don't stop writing. You have a rare gift of articulating everyday life with such charm and transparency. You are one of my favorite reads!
Love you, Jenny.
A. Laurie
I echo you, dear friend...my brain is a pile of mush these days, so I have pretty much resorted to posting pictures... Thank goodness a picture paints a thousand words (as I have zero:)
I love your blog!
I print our family blog off every year for our anniversary as a journal of our family. They're really fun to have and look at -and through Blurb they really don't cost too much.
I love your blog, Jenny!! But I do understand that you have priorities at different stages of life. Thanks for being a sweet, honest gal who always seems to inspire me! Much love to you and your beautiful family!
You have no idea who I am, but came upon your blog from what I guess is a friend of a friend as we did go to the same college. I never comment, but truly enjoy your blog, so please dont quit. As a mom myself you offer so much wisdom, insight, and humor. I love reading it. I have two little girls too and its so refreshing to read your blog. If anything, keep it up for you, so that one day, you can look back and see how far you have come, and for the memories of your daughters, that some day they WILL enjoy reading this as well and that when they become mothers, they will look upon what you said for guidance. Anyways, thanks for writing, I hope you dont stop anytime soon!!!
Don't quit J-Dizzle. I like your blog and your girlies and your face.
Please don't quit. I love to "hear" your heart speak. Some people journal in a spiral notebook each day. Your's is an openness that speaks to each of our hearts because many of us think some of your words but afraid to speak/write them. You are a gem and I years later you will read them back and see how far you have grown. Love you so much. Nana
Oh please don't stop blogging. I almost emailed you the other day for some advice. :) Pleeeeease don't stop blogging. i love your posts.
I love your blog too! I visit everyday :o)
Please don't quit! Even if I don't often leave a comment, I never miss a post! You have a gift...even when giving us brief glimpses into your everyday life...and I'm so encouraged by your open-heartedness!
Paige and I are sitting on my couch chatting and cruising the internet when we both realized we were reading your blog at the same time! We need no words of wisdom, no grand ideas, just your ever present honesty and candidness. You offer me such encouragement and joy when I need it most. If only for us keep it up! It gives us a bit of the Jenny we love so dearly and the Jenny we wish was closer. You are a treasure and I am so grateful for this glimpse into your life that you bless us with!
I also use Google Reader to keep up with your blog....and I don't comment, but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy every post you do! Please don't quit!
Yes yes YES! This is exactly how I feel too. Why is it that comments just make you feel plain 'ol GOOD?? I've been contemplating quitting the blog too. But then I have to ask myself, what's the motivation for doing it in the first place??? I do like looking back...so I guess it's a good record regardless of how many "feel good" comments I get :)
I still read yours btw. Almost every post. :)
Oh Jenny, every time I read your blog it makes my heart sing. You are incredibly talented and inspirational. I love reading your every day stories and you inspire me how to be a better wife and a mom. And I want to thank you for sharing the life you have been given with us!
Post a Comment