Tuesday, January 15, 2013

family redemption


We were able to travel south to see some extended family this last weekend.  Three great-grandma's, Trav's parents, three of my aunts, and Trav's sister made up the clan that we enjoyed time with.  Of course, I only thought to bring out my camera at one point, so I missed pictures of everyone but my Nana.


Something so beautiful about seeing generations together.  Especially when I remember playing with the same wooden toys my girls poured over.  And especially when I remember being a youngster myself sitting in those familiar laps, embraced by those warm, soft arms.  I love that I still have grandparents to love my girls.


My Nana was raised in foster care as a little girl and eventually adopted into her foster family.  There is a constant sense of gratefulness to her foster/forever family for taking her in, loving her and raising her to be such a phenomenal woman.  Trav and I hope to do the same one day for a lost little boy or girl.  I know I wouldn't be here today if God hadn't placed my Nana in their lives.  He brings beauty out of ashes.


My mom didn't come to know Christ's saving grace until her mid-20's, after many years of terrible heartbreak and hitting rock-bottom.  Again, I feel such mercy in knowing that my Heavenly Father saved her and made her His.... and my mama.  Beauty out of ashes.

Family is always a reminder of His redemption.  May you choose to see His beauty today.

3 comments:

Dina M said...

What a beautiful tribute!

Lou Ann said...

How beautifully said and such a sweet reminder to us all. AND of course I always appreciate seeing that beautiful smile on your dear mama. God's Blessings on your move and am so thankful that the Lord provided your new place of residence.

Anonymous said...

Jenny, I just now looked at your blog. Love the pics except the one of me with Bella and Summer. The hairdo has got to go!!!!!!! That's what happens when family wants to take pic first thing in the morning. Love you and miss all of you already. Sorry about the trip home but you are there now. Love you, Nana

data:newerpagetitle data:olderpagetitle data:homepageUrl
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...