Monday, April 22, 2013

drunk driving

Did you know that driving drowsy is just as dangerous as driving drunk??  Your thinking and reaction time are impaired and people whom have been awake for 18-20 hours straight are as dangerous as having a blood alcohol level of .5.  Which is the legal limit!!

All this to say, I can testify.

I've shared this before on the blog, but this pregnancy is completely wearing me out.  I have felt more tired this pregnancy than my other two combined.  I mean, I felt tired with Bella's and Summer's, but this one... OH this one.  Man.  And it's come to the last few weeks where sleep is virtually impossible.

I'm up at least 4-5 times going to the bathroom.  My heart burn is in full swing every night.  My back/hips are not just uncomfortable, but shooting pains.  And those are just the basics - the givens - that I look forward to every evening.  Going to bed is no longer a happy time, to say the least.  Yet, I know this will end soon.  In a month or less, my body will no longer house this infant, and instead I will have him/her in my arms.  I am ready to have the crying, hungry newborn rather than these nights.

Given these facts, I figure I sleep about 2-3 hours a night.  Not much.  There have been MANY days in the past two weeks where I feel in a complete haze.  I can't seem to focus.  My eyes feel so heavy.  I move slowly and feel very much like a zombie.  Today is one of those days.  Yet, I had errands to run.  Groceries to be bought.  Library books to be returned.

Fortunately, our library has a drive-thru return window.  Unfortunately, it is a curved drive-thru.  Fortunately, it is lined with big, yellow, cement poles to help the driver navigate her way.  Unfortunately, my hazy-slow-tired eyes couldn't calculate the distance correctly and I ran into one of the poles.  I cried.  And then drove home.

Trav says I shouldn't drive on days like today.  He's probably right.  O, for a good dose of Nyquil!!  Or for this baby to come soon!!!

3 comments:

Amanda B. said...

Oh Jenny! I'm so sorry! I can attest to the tiredness. But I will say I was the most tired with the boys. More so than with this little girly and that says a lot since j has been deployed the entire time and I'm chasing these little guys around. My bet is you're having a boy! I guess I have a 50-50 chance of being right! Get some sleep if you can!

liz@carpeseason said...

Oh man! Hang in there! "I cried. And then drove home." Too true to be funny. But yet, it is. Thanks for sharing. I"m glad other people hit unmoving objects...you know, like the recycling bin..too.

Shannon said...

Oh Jen, I totally would have cried too!! And I agree with Amanda B. I call BOY 100%. I was WAY more tired with Mason, and I was less tired but more sick with Kensie. Hope you can get just a bit more shut-eye in the next coupla weeks! Praying for you friend :)

data:newerpagetitle data:olderpagetitle data:homepageUrl
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...