Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Mentionables

A few things I find blog-mentionable on this last day of April:

Let's get all things baby out of the way:

- My sister had her baby on Saturday.  We were due two weeks apart.  I'm completely jealous that she's not pregnant.  But, not jealous that she's in the healing/newborn/ouchie-boobs stage.  I remember that stage and I'm not sure it's much better than the last weeks of pregnancy.  Anyhow, I'm in love with that new boy and want very much to hold him.

- I had an ultrasound on Friday.  The baby is officially cleft lip and palate free.  The previous two ultrasounds weren't able to confirm it for sure, so they wanted to get one more in.  I was totally like, "I-DON'T-CARE-IF-IT-HAS-A-CLEFT-LIP-AND-PALATE-JUST-STOP-TEMPTING-ME-TO-FIND-OUT-THE-SEX-WITH-ALL-THESE-ULTRASOUNDS!!!"  But, it was super sweet to see the little face.  Gender still unknown.  Oh, and the weight is estimated to be around 6 lbs. 12 oz. currently.  That's 12 oz. more than Summer weighed at birth.  Poop.

- Speaking of genders, I still honestly don't care what I'm having.  And you're probably all like, "We know, Jenny.  We know you think a girl would be just as good as a boy, and people that keep chanting "BOY BOY BOY" bug you.  We've been down this road."  But seriously.  I don't care.  YEEEEET..... when my sister sent me this text today of her 3rd and 4th children... oh my.  My heart about wanted to jump out of my chest and gobble that little boy up.  Because of this text of Atticus' face, I want a little boy.

- I'm at the 40 lb. gain mark.  I gained 40 lbs. with both girls, yet I still have 2ish weeks to go with this one.  I'm not bothered.  I know I'm eating like ka-ka.  And I know I'm going to stop once the baby comes, but right now... anything that sounds good is going in my mouth.  An extreme lack of self-control???  Yes, but I just could care less.  It'll come off, eventually.  And with a lot of work, but heck, I'm young!  I'm not even 30 yet!!  Which leads me to my next point:

- I'm getting a new driver's license tomorrow.  Doing the whole switcharoo to become Florida residents.  Which means... new picture!!!!  YAYAYAYAYAY!!!  You see, irregardless of the fact that I'm 40 lbs. heavier than normal, I won't have to be showing THIS picture anymore:
UGHGHGH... this terrible picture.  Which came about in the shortened version of this: Trav and I were newlyweds.  In the midst of moving from Washington to Mississippi.  We were staying at my parents' home for a few days on our journey to the south.  Trav woke me with a start early one morning saying, "SHOOT!  I scheduled our DMV appointment for this morning to change your drivers license!!  We gotta GO!!!"  I, bleary eyed, shoot out of bed, throw a sweatshirt on and headband in my hair and say, "Do I look okay?"  "Of course," he responds.  We jam to the DMV, already late, wait forever (because, do DMV appointments ever go fast?), finally get our number called.  I stand in front of the camera.  Smile big at my new husband... and get my new license weeks later in the mail.  "TRAVIS!!!  I thought you said I looked okay?!?!?"

So, yay.  New picture.  Fat and all.

- Again, all this to lead me to my next point: my hair looks eerily similar now to how it does in my drivers license.  I'm in the throes of growing out my pixie cut.  And, it's getting longer and longer.  But/Yet/Of course, I live in humid Florida.  Which means, no straightening is going to keep the frizz and curls away.  And while crazy, curly hair looks cute on my daughters, I fear it makes me look like an old woman/poodle.  So, naturally, I want to chop my hair again.  Especially with the baby coming.  Especially with with summer coming.  HUMID summer.  Yet again, a catch.  I'm chubby-faced.  And will be for quite a few more months.  Do chubby-faced people look okay with pixie cuts?  Or will it look terrible.  I'm not svelte and thin.  I'm pregnant and, yes, 40 lbs. heavier than normal.  What is your opinion, dear, fashion-savvy reader???

Alright, this post is already way longer than I intended it to be.  I cleaned my home today and am almost finished with the laundry.  I'm going to enjoy it for a bit, before my children arise from naps.  Ta ta!

10 comments:

anna said...

Chop it. I love the pixie on you...even if you're 40 lbs heavier. And you don't have a blimp face...just a blimp body. So you'll still look good. haha. Don't worry...I have a blimp bod too. :)

Michelle said...

I think the pixie cut always looks good on you!

rachieannie said...

In my opinion, you look really great with a pixie cut.

Of course, my opinion is based solely on the pictures you post on your blog, but, hey, that's what stranger stalking is for right? Random fashion advice from faceless people behind their computers ;-)

And yes, your nephew's face in that picture is completely melt-worthy. I love little boys (but I am also a biased boy-mom, so I'm sure I would equally love little girls if I had those).

Kate said...

I love this post...I think I laughed out loud on every point you made! :)
My opinion...grow it out. It would look pretty with clips and some curling cream. You always do your hair so pretty and I'm always jealous of your style.

Anonymous said...

I love the pixie cut. You are so.o.o. cute with it. But, if you want to grow it out go ahead. You're cute anyway you wear it. Love you, Nana

heather said...

I think you wear pixie cuts incredibly well. Okay, random, and maybe TMI, but I remember seeing you at the spouses information night in AL and you had your pixie cut, and a bright shade of red on your lips, and you turned my head. I was like, "Wow! That girl looks GOOD. I wish I could pull that look off!"

Also, I had to get my military ID taken when I was +45- 50lbs (at like 36 or 37 weeks) and now I've had gate people and commissary people and BX people comment on my weight loss. :) One of them was like, "This is not you." Then I had to explain. :)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the pixie cut on you!!!!! So chic and stylish!!
Just sayin ...
Love you,
Aunt Laurie

The Akins Family said...

Lol! You make me smile!

Nikki said...

Ha ha ha ha ha! You always crack me up. I've been off the grid for awhile but I'm glad to be back catching up with you girlie. Can't wait to hear the news of your little one. xoxo

Treena said...

Hi! I've awarded you the Beautiful Mama Blog Award... Check out my latest post to read more!

data:newerpagetitle data:olderpagetitle data:homepageUrl
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...