Monday, May 20, 2013

updates

WELL.... I'm still pregnant.

And my attitude is verging on extremely-emotional/rotten/trying-to-enjoy-these-last-days.

My mother-in-law arrived Saturday night and I breathed a huge sigh of relief.  We had someone to watch the children for whenever labor began.  And we had help.  Something about having family in town is so relaxing for me.

But, it's like someone hit my emotional switch and it was on full-throttle.  I've been crying so easily, so easily upset, so done with being pregnant.

I've had contractions for the past couple nights, and even last night, I was sure we'd be going to the hospital.  And then they stop.

And we've been trying everything.  Acupressure.  Feet massages.  Sexual stuff (you know the deets).  Millions of miles of walking.  Curb walking.  Eating pineapple.  Etc.

How overdue am I?  Well, technically, my due date was the 17th or 18th.  But, according to my charting and cycle, I had estimated at the beginning that my due date would be the 20th or 21st.  So... I know I'm being ridiculous.  I'm technically still in my due date window.  I'm just ready.  And I know that God's timing is perfect.

Meanwhile, I'll be enjoying my mother-in-law's pampering.  Trav took this week off of work, so I'm with those I love most and hopefully soon, I'll be meeting our babe.

Until then, I'm working on my attitude.  :-)

3 comments:

Lou Ann said...

Oh so sorry. I was with my dil all week and I gave her so much pineapple! We tried everything,so it was funny reading your curb walking. I never knew these things when Emilie was due. She came 10 days late, but all in due time. So enjoy the pampering, the time with these dear ones around you as they have your undivided attention and trust. Maybe the little one will share Kate's birthday!

Bethany said...

Thank you for the update because I have been stalking your blog...waiting for news...any news:) The last days before baby finally arrives are so very hard. Physically and emotionally. It feels like it will never end - especially when contractions keep you up at night! That is the worst. Sorry. Hang in there! You can do it.

At least he/she waited until Grandma came to town! What a good baby:) Our third did not wait for grandma's arrival and then we scrambled...

Praying for a safe delivery and healthy baby.

Jamie said...

Hang in there Jenny!! I remember the same feelings towards the end of pregnancy. I finally the last week mentally switched and decided I was going to try and see how long I could hold the baby in...he came 1 day after my ultrasound-estimated due date. I remember being in labor thinking, I could have been pregnant longer, this hurts!

Good thing is...that baby will be so ready to be out he/she will just pop right out :)

data:newerpagetitle data:olderpagetitle data:homepageUrl
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...