Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Birthday Girl



Our dear Bella June turns 5 today.  FIVE.  How can that be??  Don't you all remember when I was writing you, asking if I should take castor oil or not to evict that girl from the womb??  I feel like it was just a hop, skip & jump away.  Hmmm... time is so funny.

So, dear B.J. (as we affectionately call you), you are growing up right before our eyes.  You are turning into quite a unique little lady and I love being able to have a front row seat.  I've been noticing how you are growing in your compassion and "interpersonal" skills with Summer and Rhett.  You've always been good at leading and taking charge, but I've been noticing you coming alongside Summer and helping her.  And falling head over heels for your brother is something beautiful to view.  You have always been a quick, smart girl and I love you for it.  Our first week of school together went swimmingly, and mostly due to your love for learning.  What can I say except that I love you, have always loved you, and feel so privileged to be your Mama.  You are my dear, dear girl.  You have my heart.

We have our homeschool co-op (of sorts) today.  Then, we'll come home, take naps, and celebrate the good ol' fashioned way of a family party.  Cake and ice cream and gifts and lots and lots of LOVE for our girl.  She requested (and I quote):
Pasta for dinner
w/ chocolate milk
Chocolate cake
w/ purple icing
and m-n-m's ALL over it
Chocolate ice cream

Right up my alley!  I love having a daughter.  :-)

2 comments:

Mrs. Joyce said...

Happy, HAPPY Birthday to Bella. Thought of the birthday girl a lot today & sending hugs & love across the miles! Bet that purple frosted chocolate cake was yummy!! xo

Annelies Fugler said...

I hope Bella had a most wonderful Birthday. Since I didn't get a card in the mail (I feel terrible about that) I sent a Jacquie Lawson e-card yesterday. However I never received a confirmation that the card was sent and I am wondering what happened. Lots of hugs and love for sweet Bella, and again Happy, Happy Birthday!

data:newerpagetitle data:olderpagetitle data:homepageUrl
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...