Saturday, September 7, 2013

::in love::

Photo credit: Bella

There's this boy.  He's white... actually, whiter than white.  And smushy.  And dimply.  And he appears to be bald, but really, his white hair betrays the eye.

He's the dearest thing I've ever held (well, okay, I've held two other things just as dear...).  He has completely captured my heart.  It's amazing how one can never truly know a mother's love until they become a mother.  Then, when the second one comes along, you can't imagine how you could possibly love the next as much as the first.  But you do!!  Because they're a-whole-nother person.  And you love them so deeply - and differently than you do the first.  And so it goes.


Back to the boy.  He's three and a half months currently, and he's got Mary Poppins rivaled.  Practically Perfect in Every Way.  He has his days.  He has his moments.  But, on the whole... well, smitten might be an adequate way to phrase it.

I haven't posted about him in awhile.... and I so want to remember these times, fleeting though they may be.  You may have heard, but babies do not keep.

At 3.5 months, Rhett:

// sleeps ~ 3-4 hours during the day & 12 hours at night
// nurses and loves it
// smiles readily, but always ALWAYS at Bella and Mama
// can roll from tummy to back
// still takes a paci, but doesn't need one to sleep
// if he's fussy, he can be calmed by being held
// loves bathtime
// loves being sung to
// loves snacking on his fists and playing with his toesies


I wanted to get some shots of Bella and Rhett this afternoon while Summer was napping.  After I had my fun with the camera, Bella begged to take some of my boy and I.  Of course, I obliged (as long as that camera strap was firmly around her neck!) ... and she gave me some sweet shots.  Most of them were off-centered, but they seemed rather artsy to me.  Thank you, Bells.

Photo credit: Bella

And now, thank you friends, for allowing me to gush about my boy.  We'll be back to our regular programming eventually.  Maybe in eighteen years or so.
data:newerpagetitle data:olderpagetitle data:homepageUrl
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...