Tuesday, September 24, 2013

quiet afternoon


Making : salmon and veggies for dinner.  Trying to be healthier eaters.
Cooking : is always an exercise for my brain.  If I could have a live-in cook/nanny, I wouldn't groan.
Drinking : nothing.  Should be drinking water.  Want to be drinking a coke.
Reading: Respectable Sins, by Jerry Bridges.  I am dreadfully behind on the book study material, but encouraged whenever I do find a chance to read.
Wanting: some extended alone time... or a small vacation with Travis.
Looking: at my beautiful 5-year old, who put herself down for a nap today on the couch.
Playing: puzzles with Summer on my iPhone.  Yes, I have a few games on my phone.  I defy all reason and sense, I know.
Wasting: the afternoon.  Well, not really.  I have emailed, fed people, prepared dinner, and now am blogging.  What's wasting??
Sewing: nothing.  I wish I was sewing little nighties for my girls.
Wishing: we could get a place to live on base housing.  We're still 4 of 6 on the waiting list and have been on the waiting list for 10 months.
Enjoying: the quiet of Rhett and Bella sleeping.
Waiting: for Travis to come home and the pleasure of having another adult around.
Liking: the fact that it's nearly "fall" here in Florida.  We survived the summer.
Wondering: if I'll ever feel like I have the upper hand in life again.
Loving: my little family of 5.  How did that happen??  FIVE.  Wow.
Hoping: that one day, I will live near extended family.
Marveling: at the fact that I haven't lost 1 lb in the past month.  Well... actually, not marveling.  "Bemoaning" is maybe a more appropriate word.
Needing: a HHH (Horizontal Half Hour) .... aka, a nap.
Smelling: Summer's sweet breath next to me.  Really, there's something about your kids' smells.  I could drink them in.
Wearing: boots!!  It was pouring rain this morning and I actually had some place to go, so my boots made their first appearance this fall.
Following: a schedule... forever a schedule.  Rise, nurse, feed, nap, school, nurse, errands, feed, nurse, naps, more school, nurse, play, feed, nurse, ready for bed, pick up house, chat, bed.  REPEAT.
Noticing: my hair is getting longer and I'm not sure what to do with it (forever my dilemma).
Knowing: God delights in me is really hard for me grasp.
Thinking: feels cloudy these days.  I feel very much in survival mode.
Bookmarking: our spot as we read through Farmer Boy.  Bella loves finding our spot every day.
Opening: the last of my thank you notes that are terribly overdue.
Giggling: the girls' last song to me as they snuggle in their beds at night.
Feeling: tired, like a mom, somewhat sad, thankful for my children and husband.


2 comments:

Bethany said...

You WILL get the upper hand again in life. But for some reason it seems to take longer and feels like it is never going to happen after baby #3. Give yourself a little more time. You will get there:)

Rachel L said...

i stole this idea for my blog post...hope you don't mind. just wanted to give credit where it is due :) miss you. and love that you write and i can catch up a little on your life when i have internet.

data:newerpagetitle data:olderpagetitle data:homepageUrl
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...