Thanksgiving is tomorrow. Wow.
Not only did it sneak up fast, I simply CANNOT get into the mood for it while, here in Florida, it's still in the 70's and we're even having humid thunderstorms. I guess I never realized how right and comfy and true it feels to be baking and roasting and mashing potatoes when the weather is blustery and chilly outside. All I feel like making is a tossed salad and smoothie. Nuts.
Don't quote me on this, but... I MISS THE WINTRY SEASON. Although, we are planning on going to the beach the day after Thanksgiving with some friends... and that sounds nice. Hmm... I just can't make up my mind which is nicer. 'Tis true: the grass is always greener.
Alas, the one thing that has felt very normal this time of year is this:
- snot
- phlegm
- coughing
- fevers
Yes, the kiddos are sick. Boo. And poor Rhett is the worst. Full of moans and groans and feverish body. We're supposed to have people over tomorrow, and yet, the boy won't let me put him down. Our home just may go undecorated.
Anyways, just popping in to say hello. While I have been missing family terribly lately, and while the weather is wiggin' me out, and while the kiddos are sick and full of yuckies, I'm thankful to be able to stay home and hold their little bodies, kiss their sweet heads, and hold the tissue for them while they blow. I love being their mother.
Happy Thanksgiving, y'all!
Not only did it sneak up fast, I simply CANNOT get into the mood for it while, here in Florida, it's still in the 70's and we're even having humid thunderstorms. I guess I never realized how right and comfy and true it feels to be baking and roasting and mashing potatoes when the weather is blustery and chilly outside. All I feel like making is a tossed salad and smoothie. Nuts.
Don't quote me on this, but... I MISS THE WINTRY SEASON. Although, we are planning on going to the beach the day after Thanksgiving with some friends... and that sounds nice. Hmm... I just can't make up my mind which is nicer. 'Tis true: the grass is always greener.
Alas, the one thing that has felt very normal this time of year is this:
- snot
- phlegm
- coughing
- fevers
Yes, the kiddos are sick. Boo. And poor Rhett is the worst. Full of moans and groans and feverish body. We're supposed to have people over tomorrow, and yet, the boy won't let me put him down. Our home just may go undecorated.
Anyways, just popping in to say hello. While I have been missing family terribly lately, and while the weather is wiggin' me out, and while the kiddos are sick and full of yuckies, I'm thankful to be able to stay home and hold their little bodies, kiss their sweet heads, and hold the tissue for them while they blow. I love being their mother.
Happy Thanksgiving, y'all!





1 comment:
Happy Thanksgiving!
I grew up eating Thanksgiving dinner outside. It's different for me eating the feast indoors. BUT you are right, there is something more true about all this baking and prep when it's cold outside. I just never realized it before.
Have a fantastic day anyway! And enjoy some sun for me because I'm pretty sure I won't be seeing real sunshine until sometime in April.
Post a Comment