Saturday, May 3, 2008

A quick hello and thank you!

Dear blog-readers!

Wow! All I can say is that Travis and I are overwhelmed by the love and support and prayers and tenderness of your hearts towards us in this time. We have received so many emails, calls, messages that fill us with joy and gratitude towards the Lord for surrounding us with such an immense wall of love. Not only does He "never leave us nor forsake us", but He showers His blessings down on us. Thank you for being used by the Lord in this way.

I know I've been promising pictures of the house, so I just wanted to post a few of the rooms we painted last weekend (the living room/dining room). They were taken at night with the flash, so the color might be a little off, but hey... you get the picture.

We went to Target this morning to begin our baby registry. I don't know why these things always stress me out - I never seem to enjoy them much. But, Travis is my perfect counterpart and he helps me not be such a poop. I think we were in Target for about 3 hours and I was ready to fall apart and asleep by the end. All these screaming, disobedient children seemed to follow us around and ... I don't think that's very encouraging for a "mom-to-be." As we were driving home, Trav asks me if I want to play some basketball when we get back... or go for a walk... or do something active. Ummm..... no. So, he did while I napped. :-) And now I'm a happier lady.

Again, thank you for everything, dear friends. The Lord is hearing your prayers and honoring them. We feel so blessed.
---
P.S. - the colors on the walls are green (obviously) and a grey. The wall with the painting on it connects to the one behind our table and is opposite the small wall with the piano on it. Just some clarifications.

7 comments:

amandamike said...

I absolutely love it!!! It looks so good!!!

donnasue said...

oh my goodness, jen. love you!

Michelle said...

L-O-V-E the colors, I might have to steal that green color when we move into our new house!!! You're so good at decorating, it looks fabulous!

Aren't naps the best thing in the world?! We visited with some friends last night for a birthday party and after 4 hours I was ready for bed and it was only 8:30pm! :)

jenny said...

The colors are from Sherwin-Williams: Gecko green and Techno gray.

Terra said...

Hi Jenny - We've been keeping up to date on the ongoings in your lives this past week and praying!! Little baby Fugler is blessed to have a mom and dad who look to and trust in God, especially when life takes turns they weren't expecting. You are already amazing parents to this child!!

Love your home and decorating, and especially love how you are both bringing glory to our Savior as He leads you through this time!!

Joy. said...

the house looks awesome! I am so impressed by how fast you got settled and how amazing it looks. enjoy!

Rachel L said...

i really like your house!! I can't wait to see it in person!! the green looks so good with that beautiful painting. exactly two months from today me and lis will be visiting you!! i'm excited!

data:newerpagetitle data:olderpagetitle data:homepageUrl
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...