Many of you have heard of "No-Shave-November" or "Mustache-March"... well, Trav and I are doing our own monthly challenge. Welcome to "No-Soda-May." What a heartache for me. I've always loved soda - the cool, crisp bubbles tickling my throat and such sweetness on my taste buds! (I have such a sweet tooth, it's ridiculous.) During the last part of my pregnancy, I CRAVED soda -- all the time. And I indulged myself. Needless to say, that started a very bad habit for me. One that I'm trying to kick away by this "No-Soda-May" month. So far, I've obeyed, and I can even say that the craving is not as strong as a mere 7 days ago.
I'm also hoping this new area of self-control will aide me in losing my last 12 pregnancy pounds! The weight fell off in the beginning, but the last part's been sticking to me for over 8 months now! I'm ready to be done with it - "Away with you, blasted 12 lbs!" I've sorta (aka: most of the time) come to grips with the fact that my body has changed and will never be pre-baby Jenny, but that doesn't mean I'm not trying to harden my tummy up and wishing I'll one day fit into my old pants again. For all you who've birthed children, you *likely* know my frustration... it's not so much the fact that I'm wearing bigger clothes... it's just that even the bigger clothes don't fit right. My body's just changed and I can't exactly put a finger on which part, or else I'd know how to find the right clothes. Humph! Anyways, you might be able to tell that I'm getting ready for vacation, because those old bathing suits aren't doing much for my self-image here...




10 comments:
i would go crazy without my soda. i stopped for a full year and then took one sip and I was hooked again. I limit myself to no more then 2 a day otherwise I can get carried away.
Enjoy the vacation!!
I've been avoiding diet coke...not easy...hang in there.
I am trying to kick my soda addiction by drinking Green Tea. It is better for you but you still get the caffeine that you desire. I do love a nice cold soda once in awhile but it has helped to curb the cravings a bit. Good Luck!
oh jenny, Im sure you look fantastic! I am so glad that you are going on a vacay! totally deserved.
I know for me with the weight thing it doesn't start getting real until I really can't fit into my clothes and I know bathing suit season is coming and I realize Im a mother and If I don't do something about it NOW!! TODAY!! that I will most likely get bigger with each baby! AHHH! So I have been running practically every day! And I HATE it!
-the green tea thing is a great Idea- studies show those who regularly drink green tea loose 50% More weight than those who don't.
I love a glass half full of apple juice or OJ mixed with half sparkling water....kinda fizzy and kinda sweet. Give it a try. It's my fav! Love ya Jen (:
Shay
Just do some research on what high fructose corn syrup does to your body...i don't think you'll ever want another soda again! I gave them up two years ago & haven't looked back since. When you drink a soda (or anything containing HFCC) it triggers your body to want to consume even more calories. It's fascinating to watch how the obesity rate in the US has increased ever since HFCC began showing up in so many different foods...
Anyway, good for you for wanting to get back in shape! I know plenty of mom's who look better after giving birth than they did before...it just depends on how hard you're willing to work. Plus you are young... so no excuses, ha ha!
Keep up the good work...I know what you mean, though...I am still trying to lost those last few pounds, and have been running like a crazy woman...while pushing Jonas in the jogging stroller ta boot!!...but I just wanted to add...you don't have to give something up entirely...just keep it in moderation...like when I try to give up chocolate, stupid idea...but if I allow myself a little, then I tend not to overdo it:) Love you Jen...will call soon!
I totally understand your soda addiction Jenny. I have one too. Will and I gave up soda for Lent this year and went the whole time without a drop. It was during that time that I realized what I really like was the bubbles. (silly I know) Now I drink more sparkling water or sodium free club soda and it does the trick! I still have a soda now and then, but I don't want them as much any more. Good luck to you on your challenge!
Jenny and Trav, I am 100% behind you on this... and I will be a good father and drink an extra diet coke every day in May to make up for your loss.
Post a Comment