Tuesday, June 2, 2009

9 months

Bella turns 9 months old tomorrow. Wow... can't believe it. Someone asked me the other day how I liked being a mom, and my response? I LOVE it - now. :-) She's such a joy and so much fun - every day is a new facial expression, new recognitions, new noises, new places to crawl and pull up on. The first 4 months or so were really hard... I mean REALLY hard. But I'm LOVING it now.

Things Bella is up to nowadays:
- Pulling up and dying to walk - she pushes her little walker ev.er.y.where, but doesn't know what to do if she runs into a wall.
- Loves playing at the park: the swings, climbing on the bars, crawling across the bridges...
- Says MaMa and Lalalala... still working on Papa.
- She has found her tongue and just works it all day long: out to the side, touches her chin, plays with it...
- Is learning to obey, but likes to push the limits... little stinker.
- Learning to drink out of a cup with no lid. It's becoming less and less messy...
- Loves her Daddy and Mommy, but glares at everyone else... hmmm....

Things Momma is up to nowadays:
- Chasing Bella
- Saying "No" and flicking curious hands
- Kissing owies
- Trying to make Bella's baby food
- Hating that my house is always a disaster... when do I find time to deep clean???
- Chasing Bella
- Talking on the phone with my Momma, now that she's back in the country! 4 months is a LONG time for a girl not to talk with her BFF!
- Chasing Bella...

This morning I noticed Bella was being awfully quiet when I had my back turned for awhile. I found her chomping on the nose-booger-sucker thing.... Gross. And she knows that's a No-no. Here's her guilty face... and the second picture is a "Oh-good,-Mom-got-the-camera-out-and-didn't-flick-my-hand" face. :-)


TTFN... (I use ellipses WAY too much....)

6 comments:

Kristen Borland said...

wait, she drinks out of a cup with no lid?! i'm still trying to get my almost-three-year-old nehemiah to do that--he's afraid of spilling, which he almost always does because he inherited my clumsiness. poor kid! so what's your secret?

in that last picture, i think bella looks like suzannah!

... ... ... ... :)

Mama Mote said...

Dan says, "What kind of message is that sending when you don't flick and get out the camera?" hahaha She sounds like she is going to be...or already is...a handful. So glad to hear your mom is back and you can chat with her again. I missed saying bye to your folks since they were gone. Living in Redondo Beach is different...still not feeling like home yet. Maybe after I get a job (which I've been putting off). Love you.

Michelle said...

What is it with the nose suckers?!?! Keagan loves to chew on his too!

Anonymous said...

Oh how precious! She is starting to look like her cousin....so cute, and I'm so glad you are enjoying being a mother!

Kate said...

good job bella. your face is so cute! oh, bella i love you. me too! (charlotte) your bum bum is so cute and so are your little legs and feet. we miss you so much. i want to kiss your cute face! we miss bella. love from your cousins, suzannah and charlotte

Rachel L said...

she is so stinkin' cute... i can't wait to see you both in less than a month!! do you think i'm her favorite? or is lisa? love you jen. you're a great mom!

data:newerpagetitle data:olderpagetitle data:homepageUrl
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...