Friday, September 11, 2009

home

We are home. It's kinda a weird feeling, because we were only gone for 2 days, but my world has spun around at least 24,000 times in crazy circles since I've last stepped foot in this house. Bella looks no different on the outside (a good thing, in my books!) this time, yet again, she's been through the gamut and back. So... some different feelings this surgery, but all in all, we are just SO HAPPY to have this one behind our backs.

We had a sleepless night. You know how it is in hospitals, nurses coming and going - giving meds, taking vitals, checking stats. Bella was uncomfortable most of the night, thus we were too. So, we all got around 3 hours of sleep or so. I don't exactly know what I'm doing up right now, except that I have to give Bella her next round of pain meds in 30 minutes so I'm trying to stay awake til then.

Bella woke up pretty cheery this morning and was itching to get up and walk around. We convinced the nurse to unhook her IV and heart monitors for a while so we could "play." She loved walking around, yet had to get used to these obnoxious arm restraints. They really are funny looking, very Frankenstein. She must wear these for a week. Yuck. Trav took her for a little wagon ride. By the end of her play time, she was soooooo zoned out. Drugged up with not much sleep... she just kept staring at us with these HUGE eyes... cracked us up. Made for a good nap on the drive home.

So, we're home. We're settling back in. Lots of work and church friends have meals lined up to bring us til mid-next week! So grateful for good friends like that. Thank you all... oh, and here's a small video of Bella walking around the hospital room with her casts before we were discharged. Good night!



11 comments:

Adventures with Claire, Jason, and Jonas!! said...

So glad you are home:) Love those butterfly pjs:) We are praying still and hope for next few days to be sweet family time for the 3 of you!

Kristen Borland said...

oh she is TOO precious! i just want to scoop her up and give her a big hug! glad you are home. what a nightmare. i can't even imagine.

Mama Mote said...

So, so glad to hear you are home and pray that things calm down some. Hope you ALL get some rest - real rest to gather up your energy. Praying for quick healing for Bella. I LOVE the way she walks around with those casts on her arms. Hope they don't hinder her too much. And so glad to hear you have some meals coming your way. I would mail you something, but kind of doubt you'd want to eat it by the time it got to your house. Love and hugs.

Joy Howse said...

Glad that you are home safe and sound. Praying you get more sleep tonight and a great, blessed weekend.

Priscilla Rynning said...

praying that things continue to improve! Bella was so cute walking around!! I hope and pray your weekend is sweet and UNEVENTFUL!! So grateful that Trav is there too!

Shannon said...

So happy you're back in your familiar surroundings. Wish I could bring you guys a meal, but I'm so glad your friends and neighbors are taking such good care of you.

We will keep praying for the recovery process. Thank you for keep us updated!

Jon and Noonie Fugler said...

You sound so much better about life today. Thank you, Lord, that Bella is doing so much better. A joy to see her walking around. What a champ!!!!!

Kali said...

So glad you guys are home & on the road to recovery now - rather than awaiting surgery. Dan was glad to talk to you & Trav for a few minutes. Wish we lived close & could bring a meal over!

Our Life Together said...

I am so glad you are home. My heart has been filled with prayers. I hope that Bella heals quickly and you all get some sleep.

Katie Lady said...

May this bless you, as it has me:
Deut. 32:3b-4
"Ascribe greatness to our God. He is the Rock, His work is perfect; For all His ways are just, a God of truth and without injustice; faithful is He."

Good news to hear. Will keep praying.

Lisa Leonard said...

so glad you are home. sounds like you've been through the ringer. sending big hugs and hoping for some rest. xxoo

data:newerpagetitle data:olderpagetitle data:homepageUrl
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...